SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It's the final round of our F1 championship and the title is going to the wire. Check back soon for all the connotations and the lowdown on our challengers.

This being our final round of the Club Championship for the season as well means we are also going to see a thrilling battle for the Club title too. If you thought the Barn was tense for the Nascar title then you ain't seen nothing yet!

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Here's the top ends of the points tables:

The Club championship is particularly tasty, but there's a close battle behind Mike and me in F1 for that third spot, top Winslade etc.

The other tables are here. Tony has a 5 point lead over Neil for the Rookie title - but if they end up level, Neil has more wins... Ned has won the Junior Club title and Tyler needs to win the F1 race to deprive Ned of the F1 junior trophy. The Dadsons have also clinched top spot in the family table, with a close battle between the Coombes and McCanns for the runner-up spot.

Personally, I'd like to see another first-time Club Champion - Jon has been awesome this season and fully deserves to follow up his rookie title with the twin titles of WHO Mod and Club Champion. I can't see Mike finishing lower than third in the F1 race. He has been in a different class this season in F1. I also can't see Tony let the rookie championship slip. Neil has been very quick with his Mega-G, but Tony would need to have a disaster...

It's going to a very interesting night at the Barn

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mentioned to Jon that Mike was offering third string Mega Gs for sale the other week and he was very interested although a little broke. It will be interesting to see if he goes with the strong option of his SG+ which would anchor him to somewhere between 3rd and 10th in the race or whether he scrapes the money together for the Mega G option and goes all out for the win to seal the Club title.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I know what car I will be running,,,,, it will be one that is a rocket on the straights but like me has an inbuilt dislike of going round corners!!!!!!!
Either that or I will use a club car

·
Registered
299 Posts
Its a super wiggly one.......that'll keep the marshals busy...

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
22 on the grid for our championship decider tonight. Sadly we were without Jon W - who utterly dominated the first half of the season - so it would be a two-way battle between Mike and Andy for both the F1 crown and the Club championship.

The track was tricky but fair, with best times in yellow, blue and red almost identical and quite a few people putting good runs together in white. Test night had obviously paid off for some, with Andy and Mike barely hanging on to top 4 positions at half way. Andrew's scoreboard really came into its own as positions changed throughout the second round of heats.

After a titanic battle for the junior medal in the B final, Stephen stepped up to join Mike, Simon and Andy for the final final of the year.

It was Mike who took the win, with Stephen taking another junior medal - having made yet another A final appearance.

Mike's race win meant he clinched the Formula One title and became WHO Club champion for the first time.

It was a fine end to an excellent fifth season at the Barn

Results, full report and video will follow in the next day or two. There are loads of pics of the racing and the champions' trophy presentations over on flickr.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Shame I missed a great meeting but had fun in Brighton at my gig watching a rude man with very rude songs!

Oh and well done to Mike, the man is an oboe fettling magician!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Sounds like both clubs built up to a great Year End finale. Great when that happens.

Well done to your 2014 Champions - and to all the other club members who made them work hard for those titles.

Best wishes to you all for Christmas, the New Year - and the 2015 season

Regards,
Doug & all at C.H.O.R.C

1 - 13 of 13 Posts