SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I had a successful test of my new rear axle set up last night on my Lifelike. The car seemed fairly quick too which is pleasing for a rescued, cobbled together motor. I also have another chassis ready to play with and some brand new (hallelujah!) ones on their way!

Ooh and project Artin continues. Currently I have a grippy one with no gear mesh and a rapid one with no grip! Looking forward to debuting a grippy fast one in the near future!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
That looks great. And very big. Have we got enough tables for it? I suppose we could take it in turns to crouch down and support the track on our backs if not!

·
Registered
448 Posts
With my dodgy knees I will need someone to drive for me whilst I support the track,,,, never know I might even win a race or 2 that way!!!!!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE (woodcote @ 26 Mar 2014, 17:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We may need to enlist the help of the Good Shepherd.
The Good Shepherd should get a WHO wage the amount we use him!

·
Registered
448 Posts
And I thought the Good Shepherd was the secret meeting location for all WHO meetings. Next to the black lion and that other pub!!! lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
Is this now the new standard unit of measurement of Who track design, whether we need to employ the services of the Good Shepherd, I think he needs to be credited somewhere along the line.....

"If you have a problem, If no one else can help, and you can find him.....maybe you can hire the Good Shepherd"

Queue loud machine gun noise and kick ass eighties brash tv theme music

·
Registered
448 Posts
On corners 6/7 and 13 /14 are you planning on using "normal" curves or if any help I have 4 chicane pieces that move the track in nicely.
If needed give me a shout.

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not this time Mike, but I am looking at putting together the AFX pieces to create a 4-lane chicane. In the right place, it could be a challenging feature to a WHO layout.

All-in-all, that's a quick track for WHO Mod. Traditionally, we've had fast straights with sharp turns - so cars are going to need to be tweaked slightly differently. I still expect Jon and John to be fighting for the race win about 9.15pm on Wednesday...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hope the circuit works out on Wednesday, Andy, have the extra corners turned up yet ?

Gareth, any luck on those Aussie cars?

Will try and check in on the Forum when we're out in Aus, Have a good one you lot, see you in May for Nascar.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I emailed the guy in advance to say that my address and the postal address would be different and his response was that he would prefer an Australian buyer to get them but if they didn't sell, he would consider my offer. Which just shows that the seller was a complete and utter moron. As it is he got £17 for the two cars where I was prepared to go up to probably £40 - 45 for the pair.

I'm going to keep my eye out for another one though.

Have a fantastic holiday mate.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sorry to hear that Gareth, Should have let me know, I'm sure my brother would bid on your behalf, I feel quite annoyed myself that someone should have that kinda attitude to an overseas buyer, xenophobic idiot

that's gonna be my word of the day.......idiot

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I must admit I was a bit cross about it and xenophobic did cross my mind too! But his loss, I'll just find another one and get that instead!

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (Pennyworth @ 31 Mar 2014, 10:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hope the circuit works out on Wednesday, Andy, have the extra corners turned up yet ?

We'll have the new corners in plenty of time for F1 in June. For Wednesday, Gareth and me will bring some extras along, that'll be two extra 18"s and a load of 15"s. We'll be down one 18 from your design - we'll put in a 15" instead.

Have a great time down under

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
If you could bring them to Edmo, that would be great. We can load them up into Mike's car as I'll be rushing off to a wedding after racing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts