SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is our first F1 race of the 2016 season, so don't forget to check the updated rules... The most significant one is that the Mega-G+ no longer has any tyre height restrictions. That leaves the Mega-G and the Super-G+ as the only chassis on the 11.5mm minimum tyre height.

Mike (pne4ever)'s track plan will follow soon

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you should definitely be aiming for regular A finals in F1 this year Mr Impala

And it'll be interesting to see who's running F1 Classic Cup this year. I'm not sure if Tony is defending his title or if Duncan going for it after last year's disappointment...

Anyway, here's the track plan for next Wednesday's race - based on one of pne4ever's ideas:

It's quite a long one for the Barn.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have just noticed if you look at the section turns 5 through 10 through half closed eyes you see a controller!!!!!!!!!!

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
It was an excellent night's racing at the Barn with 21 on the grid including WHO first-timers Matthew and Mark...

It was a challenging track, but it was really possible to push in all four lanes, leading to some very close racing and plenty of crashes...

We had a really nice 'thank you' from Rainbow Chest for the fundraising we've done for them - a feast of muffins and biscuits...

Then it was down to the serious business of the finals and more incredibly close racing...

The A final had three different chassis represented - Mega-G, Mega-G+ and Simon's highly impressive Tyco...

It was Mike who just about hung in there to win, with Ned picking up second place and the junior medal...

But the state of Mike's car showed what a tough two minutes of racing it had been!

Huge congrats to Mike and Ned on their medal wins and to Fernando for winning tonight's under-11 medal. Huge respect goes to Simon for the first Tyco A final appearance since June 2013 and a thumping F1 Classic Cup win. And well done Paul M for finishing as top rookie on his second WHO outing.

Mike Mc is writing the race report for this one. There are more pics over on Flickr and there should be a video up in the next few days.

Updated championship tables are here.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Wow! Some VERY close-run finals there. Must have been one of WHO's most hotly contested nights for some time, as the 'A' was no walk-over for Mike either.

Maybe overlooked but Corey had a good night with three finals wins on the trot too!

Great stuff - and great photos too!

SCHORC also ran last night

CHORC's turn tonight

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Doug

Corey certainly recovered brilliantly from some hugely disappointing heats. The track had four potentially good lanes, but it was very possible to get caught out time and again... I'm not sure if anyone had a clean run through any of their heats - maybe Simon did for one or two.

I'm still learning how to drive the MG+... It's a very different driving experience, you have to be soooo smooth. Unfortunately all those learned lessons went out the window in the A final, I drove it like I'd drive a Mega-G or SG+ and the car spent most of the time off the track

I think the adrenaline of the A final got to Simon as well. He really could and maybe should have won it. It was certainly pleasing to have built a track that ended up with three different chassis in the A final and all the newbies having a fun night too.

Although the track was good for Tycos, I think it was a bit much for a SG+ on the big tyres - Keith was right up there in F1 last season, but he had a tricky night keeping his car on the track. He was part of the closest final finish of the night, overtaking Hayley on a fast section with about a second to go and then almost getting passed again by her Mega-G+ through some twisty stuff. He won by about a foot and a half, the two cars finishing either side of a parts marker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts