SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
That would be me.

And no, not yet. Still on the to-do list unfortunately.
I did have a look and it shouldn't be too difficult. It just depends on if you want the track power to operate the suction and the drive or keep the battery power to do the suction and rig up a motor to drive it round the track.

I would be interested if anyone else has had a go.

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Simple solution would be to fit a pin or two to it's bottom (to keep it in the slot) and then use another vehicle to push it around the track.

Be great to fully motorise it though... Not sure how effective the little sucker would be though..

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
QUOTE (DJ @ 4 May 2011, 15:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Simple solution would be to fit a pin or two to it's bottom (to keep it in the slot) and then use another vehicle to push it around the track.

Be great to fully motorise it though... Not sure how effective the little sucker would be though..

I had thought about the 'pushing' option, but thought it would be more fun to drive it round.

The idea was to see how well it worked to remove the dust of the track surface when the track hadn't been used for a while rather than the sucking up the rubbish from the slot.

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,775 Posts
Hello AAWSCC,
How effective is it in reality? Does it hoover up the dust well or is it not worth bothering about?
Looks nice enough to be tempting but if the basic effectiveness is not there, there's no point in starting.

Kind regards, Leo

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I was another one looking for a "track vacuum vehicle".
This is a great find.... providing it works.
If someone would test it we all would appreciate it (especially since I pay shipping charges to Canada).

Cheers and thanks for finding it!

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A parcel arrived in the post today!

I gave the road sweeper a quick go.

It seems to be quite effective though I haven't tried it on track yet.

It is fairly heavy so I don't think that pushing it with another vehicle is an option. It will need to be powered independently.

I have a really busy 2-3 weeks now so don't think I will be able to do anything with this for a while.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Look forward to your tests.
Cheers!

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Any luck figuring out how to open up this sweeper so that we can consider installing a chassis et al in it?
I cannot figure out how to open it after removing all the screws... must have some snaps to hold it shut... but where are they?

Cheers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.