Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it we dont return cars when their faulty?

I mean I heard a friend say he had taken his car back to the shop because one of the lights comes on after the other, and that his axle was bent or his crown gear stripped.

but why do we well me,rr3.9 and BSN keep the cars and buy the relevent parts and return the car to use?

Rob.

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
The answer is expectation. We expect wobbly wheels and don't expect the shop to be too helpful.

Then there's the fact we all like a good moan.

Nevertheless, good point.

Scott

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I did take back a couple of cars, they weren't faulty mind. I just made an impulse buy and regretted it. I intended to swap the cars & wasn't bothered about a refund.

Anyway, the cars were returned to the shop unopened, unused.

Jeez, did I get grief, the manager was basically, a tosser and wound me something wicked. I responded and...

... got banned.

Moving on, if the car was faulty, to the point where it would be hard/inconvenient to replace parts; then would return no question. Luckily, never happened - if only the same could be applied to EBay.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Can't take the cars back because:

1: by the time the fault appears, the cars have been dissassembled, had various types of oil grease added, had bits of plastic shimmed off, wheels sandpapered etc, and so are no longer 'as new'

2: if it aint workin, its a chllenge to fix it

3. RTR stands for 'ready to repair' not 'ready to race'

Dave

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I'm with astro on 1,2,3. Add to that, 4. too much hassle. I recently bought the SCX Dome and I noticed those fabby front lights had packed in while I was adjusting the magnet. I had to decide whether to take it back to the shop: a one hour round trip, parking fee and probably raised blood presure trying to explain to the assistant, or just take it apart and fix it - which is what I did.

The trouble comes when you can't fix the problem and you've taken the thing apart yourself. Unless you have an understanding retailer you then really are commited to buying those parts...

·
Registered
448 Posts
If I had a Scaley car which is faulty, I would just email Hornby, and they would send my the replacement part.

Hornby's customer service is absolutly excellent!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I broke one of my Scaley controllers the other day, emailed Donna- and she said to send it back for a replacement, which I did.

Within a few days, I had a brand new controller!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
do you think they will send me 3 new controllers? I burnt out 3 during the uk wars thing at that north america board

Rob.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yeah, I reakon so... I snapped the spring in mine trying to make an SCX R8 beat the track record. Maybe I was pressing it a little hard...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts