SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
15,409 Posts
I think it's a good start, but could probably use some tweaking. Where might you want to put lane changers? Do you want a pit lane? How about drifting room? If your table is exactly that big, you might want to bring the track in a smidge to allow more drifting room on the outside.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Clearly these are only suggestions:-

Bottom LH needs some tweaking as its too to regular. How about a hammerhead turn on one of the corners? Turn in a bit then out and round.

I agree wuth mr flippant a pit lane and SSD is a "Must", fuel management does add to the challange.

Again its similar to Mr Flipant. You have to plan for Lane changers from the start as they have to have at least 1 straight before them. As it is the "technical section" only just makes this requirement. Add a bit more straight in the technical section and a few more curves in the bottom section.

Far more contentious would be to add a curve down the long straight! Too me long straits are about the car, not the driver so have no great attraction :). That said a pits on the long sraight will need anything from 3 1/3 straights, pretty much a desparate minimum where much 0ne or two cars can pit but the back man has to wait untill the front move off. At ht other end yo need almost the entire lemgth if you used XLC's for individula pits. Me? I have a 3 1/2 straight job but typically its 3 of us so its not too bad.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

I was thinking about 2-3 lane changes One each at the corners of the 'L' at the bottom and the top of the diagram. The pitlane will go in the center of the table at the bottom of the "U". I tried to leave space in there for pit entry from the inside of the last corner in the bottom and either re-entry at the first corner or down from there.

Regards,

-- Rakete --

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Lane changers.

My suggestion is an XLC at the end of the Long straight. One XLC in th
e centre of the "Technical section and at leat and CLC on the bottom section.
Not sure where you are saying for the oit lane. The bottom section looks too small for a pit lane on this size track.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
An interesting layout.... looks a bit like a modified Monaco with the hairpin at the top, large turn straight (along the waterfront?) and the bottom loop (Racasse?).

Looking forward to your development of this layout.

Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts