SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
I suspect you will need a short break in the rails in each loop to stop the two lanes of the powerbase being shorted the wrong way around. Unless that powerbase has a cunning more where only one lane is powered?

I made something similar a while ago and just left a small gap in the copper tape on my rally loop backs to stop the powerbase getting upset. Since digital cars rectify their power anyway they seemed quite happy with that arrangement.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
I guess you could always connect the PB so only one lane is powered?

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
when your ca crosses the pb you may get double Laos noted very other lap, I thin Zarko a h best idea, fancy doing that myself

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
btw: I copied 356speedster's rally layout, so Thank you!

·
Greg Gaub
14,661 Posts
yeah, I'd just connect it so that only one lane of the PB is actually connected. Otherwise, even with the APB and new code, you'd count a lap every time the car crossed either lane of the base, so, an extra lap every lap. ;-)
Otherwise, it looks like a cool idea.
Another idea would be to use pit lane pieces to make the lanes passing the base into two, but that would be more complicated than just shifting the base over one lane and putting a single lane half straight next to it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You could just put a piece of black electrical tape over the sensor on the second lane at the start finish line and the car won't be detected by that causing a double lap.....

easy and really cheap. Problem solved.

Bryan

AC2Car.org

·
Registered
331 Posts
OK, I moved the PB so only one lane of it is exposed to the track, maybe this will work
also I removed all the scx parts, scaly only!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts