SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Thought I would share some photos of my recent purchase complete with the "correct" decals that I applied. I painted the helment as I have been unable to find "Prost" decals.

A word of warning though. The tampo on this car flakes off. One small impact or scratch and small chunks come off. I did not realise this until I had completed the work otherwise I might have returned it for replacement. As it is I have repaired the damage and I will now put a coat of Klear on the car to protected it.

Sorry for the number of photos and their poor quality.....

Cheers,

Philip

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments.

The decals were bought as I cannot do clever stuff like that.

They look a bit green in the photos, but in the flesh they are the right shade of blue!

Cheers all,

Philip

·
Registered
468 Posts
Very nice... Know what you mean about the tampo. I did the helmet on my Senna in the 1992 set and was disappointed to rub off some of the tampo with very ligh handling.

Boooo Scalextric on that one!

Regards,

-- Rakete --

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Car looks great, would like to use one of these in club racing. Will Scaley "Sport" silicone tyres fit these wheels?
Anybody know?
Steve A

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,

Steve A,
Sorry, but I don't know about the tyres and I do not have any to check it out. I think they will fit but I cannot be sure.

Bear13583,
The decals were from Pattos in Austrailia. Excellent quality and the new waterslide are easy to apply.

A word of advice though; I think that the Patto's 1/32 scale decals are a bit on the large side. I always ask Bruce (Patto) to reduce the size by 20% so that they come out at 80% original size. This seems to be about right (85% would also be OK I think). These ones are 80%.

Cheers,
Philip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts