SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

when fitting the windscreen glass into your finished model kit body shell , what adhesive do you recommend using, as normal cement doesnt work to well on the clear plastic - epoxy ? pva ? obviously I avoid super glue as it clouds the glass and does not stick some hard plastics very well.

any tips on doing a neat job would be appreciated.

Cheers

BIG"S"

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Hi.

I always use an adhesive called Micro Kristal Klear from a Company called Microscale Industries Inc.

It is a PVA type material produced in CA USA, and can also be used for forming small windows and forming lenses.

I don't know where you are based but I buy mine from Grand Prix Models in the UK. Their web address is :-

www.grandprixmodels.co.uk

Regards
Alan

PS a small bottle will last about ten years!.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Microscale Krystal Klear works well, except its slow acting. You need to hold parts in place while it dries. It was recommended to me by one of the hand-made resin car manufacturers to reattach small metal detail parts as well as clear plastic to their resin cars.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Many people use PVA wood glue. White glue that dries clear.

CA (superglue), when it dries, clouds the plastic of the windshieds.

·
Registered
658 Posts
The same subject came up recently on another board and one product mentioned by mr strombecker was "R/C airplane canopy glue which dries clear and hard".

regards,

Bob S.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts