SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am assembling parts for my STP indy car period build , the coolest MURA motor I have ever seen is on it's way to power it !
What vintage winter slot car projects have you got lined up for those nights I wonder?
ken

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Rebuilding the new Presto Park Circuit, wiring it, adding the scenery PLUS building new cars for next season - guess i'm gonna be busy.
Mike

·
Registered
361 Posts
In Finland the Nokia track has a vintage slot car meet scheduled for late December. For that I "have" to restore an Airfix/MRRC Mercedes 4WD, a Scalextric Auto Union and a Monogram Ferrari 158. Also possibly a Rikominx powered F1 chassis.

Also, to be able to practice properly, I am setting up a webcam/Zonetrigger/Ultimate Racer 3.0 timing system. All great fun!

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Filling, sanding, spraying, decaling Triumph Dolomite.

Chassis, decals on Morris Minor.

Photographing more of my collection and getting it on line.

Updating/replacing my data base after my laptop was stolen from the office.

Getting ready for SlotrallyGB 2012.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
I will soon be picking up my winter projects, a Ferrari D50 long nose & a Mk2 Jag both in resin. I just hope that I can get the garage warm enough for spray painting

I have just started one major project, oiling all the tyres of the cars that are kept in the loft
, I'm half way through.

Cheers Paul.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
I want to start and have ago at releivery on some of my duplicate cars that I have got
not done any respraying 1:32 cars have done a couple of 1:1 cars so cant be that differant can it

regards ade

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
I only got these yesterday & as I had a bit of spare time today I made a start.

I may need more projects over the winter

Cheers

Paul.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Paul, You are going too fast....try buying some vital parts from USA!....or tie one arm behind your back...or a blindfold?...ken

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hmm, a "what's on the bench" thread.... Well, if I could see underneath the piles of bits i'd say but from memory:

1/32 Resin Cobra Daytona re-cast from the Auto-hobbies kit, simple brass scratch chassis for a 16D.

1/24 Cooper King Cobra in resin - from an old Lancer body, will be fitted with a dynamic chassis and Kemtron motor so should be able to do something about an interior.

Both are getting there; Just built a simple vac-forming rig to do the glass so can now proceed with some detailing and painting.

And some nice old 1/24 bodies in butyrate I'd love to get around to building cars for; Lancer 330 P3 Spyder and a T70 coupe that's ridiculously wide and low but very cool looking - I'm thinking these may both get dumped into silicone and cast in resin as I'll not see either again.

Simon.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was lucky enough to find a few old resin bodies that need some attention, a few are done and raceable and there are some others that need a bit more work. It is a good thing that I am retired and have plenty of time to get them done. I did pass along one each of the Alfa 8c36's and a 312 to a good friend to build so I will have someone to race mine against.

Cheers Ken

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
I've got some time off work next month, only working on a Monday and Tuesday, so I should be able to get on with some of my projects, which include:

-Wiring up and constructing the scenery for my rally track,
-Building a Can-Am car for a race in 2012,
-Carving a Ferrari 126C2 1982 F1 car for the same race,
-Building up some of the 6 Dave Jones fibreglass shells on my bench, some of which I can race at next years Early Birds
-Building up the Penelope Pitlane Lotus kit I won at Wolves this weekend, for coming second in the concours
-Respraying a Ford Anglia I bought at Wolves, in the 'Broadspeed' maroon colours
-Preparing my club cars for 2012,
-Upgrading my pit box so that it is more suited to my needs.

Hmmm, a lot to do!

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
QUOTE (PJF @ 20 Nov 2011, 19:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I now need more projects

The Ferrari D50 is finished & I am well chuffed with it, you can not see in the picture but I some how managed to get a cracking paint job on this .

The resin kit is the yellow D50, the red version is by Cartrix.

The Mk10 Jag still needs a bit work around the windows, hopefully I will get time in the morning to finish it off.

I have only ever made three resin kits & I am hooked. The most important lesson I have learned is stay away from cars with lots of chrome bits as even with a steady hand I struggle .

Cheers

Paul.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
He did offer his services but I just got stuck in.

The Jag is for the DW flat cap & the D50 is for classics at your place..................hang on ?. Ive just made two cars to race at NERCS

You owe me £100 Owens

Cheers

Paul.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I've got a few that have been on the go which I'm looking to get done this winter

for example

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Two main projects.

Building a 1975 Ferrari 312T (Niki Lauda car) from a Scalextric shell for a pal at Bearwood Club.

Front end conversion and lowering of the rear wing to make it look right and decals from INDYCALS.

Building a 1973 Tyrrell 006 (Jackie Stewart's 1973 Nurburgring car) by cutting and converting a standard Scalextric Tyrrell 007.

I'm also re-liverying my Scaley Ferrari 312T3 using Indycals to Villeneuves 1978 car.

I'll post some pictures when I get the chance.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Some interesting projects mentioned here, but if any moderators are reading this, I think the topic might be better placed in the 'Scratchbuild' thread.

Dave

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Hi All,
A non car project... I'll be trying to make some progress on the track junctions. They have been sitting patiently on the bench in my shed since about February. Probably need about a day to get them done. Fingers crossed for bad weather...
Cheers
Richard

Reminder...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts