SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just a week away now until the Winter Fest slot car market at Donington from the organisers of the UK slotcar festival, Roger Barker, Scale Models and Pendle Slot racing.

This event has moved this year to a slightly earlier date and a new venue at The Jurys Inn, East Midlands Airport, Castle Donington, Derby, DE74 2SH.

See www.ukslotcarfestival.co.uk for more details.

There will be a special liveried event car available only for attendees of the event which will be a VW panel van variation of the recently released PSR plain version C4092, so make sure you are there early if you want to secure one of those cars as they will be only available in limited numbers on the day I have been told.

I have not seen any pictures of the van but the organisers inform me that they hope the livery will be very popular with collectors.

Maybe see you there.

thumbsup.gif

CB

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
No wish to be pedantic but, for the sake of those who rely on SatNav, part of this thread needs correcting.

I live in Herefordshire. Were I to feed "Donnington" into a SatNav, I would not be guided to this slot event.

This is because it's being held at Donington and not Donnington.

·
Eddie Grice
2,309 Posts
This is because it's being held at Donington and not Donnington.
I live close to 2n's Donnington and well remember my late wife being in the local newsagents when a frustrated delivery driver came in asking "where's the airport"?
Told him he wanted the Donnington with one n, 2 hours up the road in the Derby/ Nottingham direction!
Eddie

·
Registered
566 Posts
Is this just stalls for selling etc or are there any tracks set up to use? I'm deciding whether to bring kids or not that's all.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Steve1971,

Not sure if there are definitely tracks to race on, but there has been at least one large track to have a go on when the event was at Coventry. Will try and find out and post later tonight.

Cheers,

CB

·
Registered
566 Posts
[quote name="Cambridge Blue" post="2278563" timestamp="1573307099"]

Hi Steve1971,

Not sure if there are definitely tracks to race on, but there has been at least one large track to have a go on when the event was at Coventry. Will try and find out and post later tonight.

Cheers,
CB[/quote
Ok thanks, it's not the end of the world if not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts