SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was after some advice about getting my track wired up for brakes. I have some of the 3 pin sockets and wired up my track without brakes and everything is fine. I then tried to get it working with brakes (following the wiring diagram from hoslotcarracing) but when I connect it up like that i have no power.

I'm using a regulated laptop power supply and am just trying to get 1 lane working. Any clues what I am doing wrong.

Jim

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello again. The problem was solved by switching round the 2 wires going into the 3 pin socket (not the brake wire at the top). I'm not sure why this should make a difference as it's a standard parma controller, not diode or electronic. It now works fine, I am assuming I have wired up my plug correctly.

With regards to the questions posted above at the moment I have just got it set up for full brakes as a test but I plan to add a variable feature. Just with a quick bit of experimenting I have found that my lap times are a little quicker with the brakes. My setup (not permanent) is only 8 x 4 ft (the layout is the Ravinia 35 from hoslotcaracing)

As Julian mentioned earlier without brakes I would never get to full throttle but with them I can down the back straight (albeit very briefly) and still make the corner at the end. With my marchon the difference is less noticable but with the tyco and mega G my times were better with brakes. I'm sure being able to adjust them will bring further improvements.

I am assuming for the variable brakes you just need to add the potentiometer in line in the brake circuit??? Can anyone confirm that?

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.