SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am totally new to digital although it's been around for some time, I am a analoge racer and just started with digital cars. I would like to get some lights up and running in my digital cars that are currently lightless. To start with my first project is that I am trying to find how to add lights to a my Pioneer Dodge red devil with a Scalextric DPR chip it's PC says C2817 revision G, is this possible? I am good with a soldering iron and have all the right tools for the job, I just lack the knowledge and don't really want fried chips (as much as love the taste of them....lol)

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated from old guy that's young at heart.

Andy.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Hi Andy,

In the early days of digital the C7006 Saloon Chip had output pads for head and tail lights. This chip is no longer available from stock, though there are a few of use around with a supply of them. The various outputs from the µ-processor are still available as various people in the past have soldered directly to them. If you wish to go down that route the pins are ..... brakes - pin 6, headlights - pin 8.

Your chip type is a C8515 Rev-G but I would suggest that you use the newer C8515 chip, colloquially known as a Rev-H. Not only is it the most robust yet made by Scalextric but it also has the advantage of four pads where you can access the headlights and tail lights without the risk of blowing your chip.

C8515 Rev H.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: longdog
1 - 2 of 2 Posts