SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well thank you Xmas because the wife brought our son without me knowing a slot car setup which took 5hrs and i meen 5hrs to setup and we could not get a car to complete the circuit no matter who tried so i took it back and got a proper one.
It's all your fault giving me the info and living my childhood again ! Yes you reading this . As this is the first track ( sorry my son's first track ) i have had,used for 30 yrs and after all your knowledge i decided to go the hole hog and go permanent ssd hinged vertical in the garage but i wish my garage was longer.

I am gonna check now how you add pictures so you can see.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Might as well look into how to lengthen the gargage first. NO point building that track only to find it is too short.
I am sure the wife will understand your son needs the extra size to help him learn distance perception AND if you build it then extend you will have wasted money on the first layout so...

Oh and welcome to the forum!

·
Administrator
10,413 Posts
QUOTE (bungie @ 15 Feb 2007, 18:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u121/Bu...os/DSCF0003.jpg

Does it work ?

No, fundamentally you won't be able to get in or out once the track is down

If you try clicking on the yellow square symbol then that is how you get the photo showing in the post....

like this:

oh and its supposed to be max 600 wide, this is a tad oversize at 640 pixels

·
Registered
263 Posts
QUOTE (bungie @ 16 Feb 2007, 05:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am gonna check now how you add pictures so you can see.

On photobucket highlight then post the link from the IMG Code not the the URL Link

Then just check if it's working in the preview post.

Nice little track by the way .... you know you've started something now and there's no going back!

Gary

·
Registered
65 Posts
On photobucket just click on the third box below the pic you want to post which is the IMG one and it copies the link for you and then you just paste the link into the post and click add reply,whereas before you had to highlight the link you wanted to post from photobucket.

·
Brad Korando / Brad Korando
1,089 Posts
Welcome to the forum bungie. That looks like a nice start / reentry to the hobby. You and your son should have a lot of fun with your track. Keep us updated with photos as you develop the track.

Brad

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the info.Very helpfull ta.
The track is 3.6 meters long and just over 1.2 meters wide ( 4ft ) it is the longest i could get in the garage to be able to open the kitchen and garage door.Unless i change the garage door to open outwards LOL

I think i am gona get rid of the hairpin and do something like this.What do you think ?

I have more track,racing crossovers, bridge, square crossovers but i have not put those on to minimise collisions along with straights and curves.

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
cool that's almost the same as my track, like this layout alot. and for the planning of bridges........think think think first and then try your lowest car............I had some major deslotting with the short bridges.
Especially the Lemans cars thought they could fly.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi Bungie,
Nice track you got coming there!
One question: Why didn't you put the track up to the wall opposite the one it is now, so then you could open the door fully?

Later,
M.

·
Bill
2,888 Posts
QUOTE (bungie @ 15 Feb 2007, 12:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like the layout. Well done. As for the placement of the XLCs, I'd just race it and decide where you think you'd want them.

Looking at your layout, you should be aware that you can attach the guardrails directly to the track without borders. There's a couple places you will need to do that (e.g., the hairpin). Although I like full borders, there's a certain strategy to having the guardrail directly on the edge of the track.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice one
I am going to sort out the barriers soon !!!!!!!!! but i am going to cut down the sides first because they are to high.I done it that way so when it is up it is enclosed but i will now cut them down to the same height by the guest that popped in
and put a shelf along the wall so they meet up and still enclosed.

The hairpin has gone
tried and tested ok a lot faster for me oop's the Lad

And the combi boiler is the other side so i would have had a tunnel LOL.I wanted it all flat because it folds away and i think if any bridges etc will move when vertical without adding more weight to secure the track.

Suprisingly it is quite easy to lift.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.