Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there!

Great news for anybody in the Surrey area, we now have a new slot car stockist.

Woking Models (Chobham Road, Woking) has started stocking slots as of today.

At present they have a number Scalextric sets, some accessories and cars by Scalextric and Carrera.

More lines to be confirmed shortly

I'm not sure if this is good news for me or not yet. On the one hand it is great to have a shop selling slots less than twenty seconds from my front door, on the other hand, somebody think of my credit cards!
Honestly though, I am very pleased to have a local shop to support and will be directing the owner here to pick up some tips as he is new to slots himself. I hope we can all offer him plenty of help and support over the coming months?

Julian.

·
Jim Moyes
4,997 Posts
So! Browse the shelves in the model shop then up to Slik's for coffee!

On a similar note, I had to kill some time in the Bournemouth area this week while my lorry was being serviced and after several recommendations from other Farnham members I decided to visit Slot Racing Supplies, 329-331 Holdenhurst Rd, Bournemouth. NSCC members may be familiar with their whole page advert in the monthly mag. Certainly the best stocked shop I have ever been to! Every make imaginable, and a lot of stuff from a good few years back. I saw old "black box" Hornby still sitting on the shelf, including Camel Lotus, Protec kits, and early "red box" SCX. A large stack of Topslot kits reside on one "top shelf"! Apparently there is a raceway out the back of the shop and a stock room which has even more slot cars than inside. As an example I was asked to find out about an SCX truck for one of the members and after checking the computer screen, the guy dissappeared out the back and emerged with one.

Better news still, for NSCC members anyway, is that for the November newsletter there is going to be a 20% discount offer for callers to the shop carrying their membership card. They also offer free carriage on orders and keen prices to everyone.

Well worth a visit if you are in the area, and fairly easy to find and park!

Mr.M

·
Registered
300 Posts
QUOTE (slik @ 6 Nov 2004, 15:52)On the one hand it is great to have a shop selling slots less than twenty seconds from my front door, on the other hand, somebody think of my credit cards!

Heh Julian,
They would go start stocking cars just as I am about to move !
I seriously worry about your credit card with that being there , you can't even
go to buy a pint of milk without passing the place - you could turn out to be
their retirement fund !

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts