SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
For Sports/Racing models 1.32 scale.

Class 1. Sports/Racing models 1949-1962 CSCRA SP3.
Class 2. Sports/Racing models 1963-1967 CSCRA SP4.
Please visit CSCRA website for dimensional specifications.

There are 48 places available.

Single class entry (please state which class when entering) £8.00
Double class entry £12.00.

All models should be finished in appropriate period liveries.

There will be a Concours event and Racing will be heats and step up finals.

Further details and timetable nearer the date.

All payments Cheque or P/O to;

Cheques payable to:
"Wolverhampton Scalextric Club"
c/o
Mr Malcolm Scotto
73 Broad Street
Bilston
WV14 0BZ

Initial entry list.
1.Gary Cannell.
2.Ian James.
3. Roy Pritchards.
4.Richie Welch.
5 Nick Huxley.

Regards Bill and Ian J.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Hi All

For those attending Early Birds this weekend at Wolves we can accept payment for entries for this event.

So if you or someone you know is at earlybirds and you want to enter please send your placement guarantee payment with them.

See you at the weekend.

Ian J

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would definitely like to enter both classes.

Class 2 will be interesting as it opens up things like the GT40, Lola T70 and Chaparral 2E, all of which have very competitive models readily available from NSR, Slot.it & Thunder Slot. I think I can just get away with my Ferrari 250 GTO in Class 1 as it did run at Le Mans in 1962, but the Cobra might have to stay at home this year. I wonder how fast I can get a Slot.it GT40 to go if I shove a flat-6 in it?

·
John Roche
4,210 Posts
It's 2 or 3 years since I last raced anywhere, I haven't even had a run round the track in my shed. I'm free for this event though so I thought I might have a go as I have cars sort of ready.

I'll send a cheque off to Malcom and see you all in May.

Cheers

John

·
Registered
38 Posts
My earlier post was slightly incorrect. I've re-read the CSCRA rules for SP4, in particular the maximum overall width of 61mm. The Thunder Slot Lola T70 is quite a bit over this width, and the NSR GT40 MkI very slightly over. The Slot.it NSR GT40 MkI is just under, which is good news for my plan. I don't have a Slot.it MkII or Chaparral 2E to measure, nor the Fly version of the Lola T70.

·
Registered
508 Posts
John.

Why not bring your Thunderslot Lola to the Pendle Le Mans Classic meeting, where we will be catering for the 1965-1971 era, allowing the 1966 cars to run to 1970 rules. Thus allowing the Thunderslot Lola to enter.

Jeff

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hi Ian, Bill,

With reference to post #13above, will you allow the NSR GT40 (i.e. RTR) to run? Mine measures 61.5mm. It is a long way to come from Cornwall to find you won't!

The CSCRA rules do state:

5. READY-TO-RUN (RTR) CARS

Any Ready-to-Run car which fully complies with the above car standards will be eligible to race

unless stated otherwise by an event organizer. Event organizers may also choose to allow Ready-to-Run cars which do not comply with the above standards to enter....

Also ref post #13...the Slot it Chaparral 2E is under 61mm.

Will you be opening on the Saturday for practice?

Many thanks.

Mark

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Mark.
You will need to reduce the overall track width to 61 mm.
this is not difficult.
cheers Bill.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hi Bill,

So the maximum overall width quoted in the rules applies only to the track? I had assumed it meant overall width including the body? I think that was what John is referring to in the post above.

If not then it should be OK as you say.

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hello to all at Wolves - please add my name to both classes - will put the cheque in the post tomorrow - thanks to everyone involved in putting on another meeting on the fantastic Wolves 'international' track - especially the meeting sponsors. I also appreciate the CSCRA classes/rules - many of us already have good cars prepped to these regs - looking forward already to a great day out at this meeting.

Cheers

Pete Crane

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Further to the debates etc that seem to be starting and stop the what if and you can or cannot do.

The rules we will allow I have extracted the relevant sections of the rules along with Wolves specific tweeks to suit our track.

Please take a minute to familiarise with the rules.

SPORTS & GT CARS

Definitions Sports Car;
An open top, or soft top, car with 2 seats and bodywork covering the wheels.
Competition Sports Car;
An open top 2 seat car, with bodywork covering the wheels, built in very limited numbers to compete at events such as the Can-Am.
Sports Prototype;
An open or closed top 2 seat car, with bodywork covering the wheels, built in very limited numbers to compete at events such as the Le Mans 24hours.
Production Sports Car;
An open top, or soft top, car with 2 seats and bodywork covering the wheels, produced in significant quantities by manufacturers such as Alfa Romeo and MG.
This description was also used for the 5 litre closed top cars such as the Ford GT40 and Porsche 917 which raced at Le Mans from 1968 to 1971.
GT Car;
A closed, hard top car with 2 or 2+2 seats and bodywork covering the wheels. Cars in this class would normally be based on road going, hard top, 2 or 2+2 seat production cars.

Model STANDARDS

1. SCALE & DIMENSIONS
All cars to be accurate 1/32 scale representations of a full size car.
As most racers are very much reliant on manufactured bodies, which are not always perfect, there is no specific requirement for exact scale length and width for body shells. They are, however, expected to be reasonably to scale. If you push the boundaries too far you may be asked to run something else.
A 64mm wide Lotus 30, for example, is not acceptable.
Wheelbase measurements must be 1/32 scale within + or 2mm.
Wheelbase is the distance between the centre lines of the front and rear wheels.
No car should exceed the maximum width permitted for each class.
However event organizers and Scrutineers shall have the discretion to allow body shells that exceed the maximum width by a small margin to be used provided that the chassis, wheels and tyres do not exceed the maximum permitted width for the class and that the rest of the car fully complies with the Car Standards in every other way.
Cars will be measured at the widest part of the body, chassis, wheels and tyres.
When the car, in race ready condition, is placed on a flat and level section of track to be used for the event all tyres must touch the track surface and roll when the car is pushed forwards.
It is the entrants responsibility to prove the accuracy of any car.
If there is any doubt the scrutineer may ask you to run something else.
The scrutineers decision is final.

2. BODIES
All body shells must be of hard plastic, glass fibre, resin, wood, metal or similar material. Vacuum formed bodies are not permitted.
Wheel arch extensions are only permitted if they can be shown to have been fitted to the prototype during the period covered by the race meeting.
All cars must be finished in a style sympathetic to the period being represented and carry at least two racing numbers.
All cars must have clear window glass etc fitted where it appears on the prototype. Vacuum formed windows and headlight covers are permitted.
All cars must have a suitably decorated and period correct, 3 dimensional, representation of a driver consisting of at least a head, shoulders, arms, hands and the upper part of a steering wheel.
Vacuum formed interiors and drivers are permitted but must be realistic.
The chassis, wheels and tyres, motor and all running gear must not be visible from above or through the cockpit opening, cabin area or engine bay unless that which can be seen represents parts of the real car. Inlet trumpets or exhaust systems for example.
The slot guide must not protrude beyond the front-most point of the car when in the straight ahead position.

3. WHEELS & TYRES
Tyre width limits in all classes are overall.
All wheels must be representative of real wheels or have realistic inserts fitted.
Silicone tyres and sponge/foam rubber tyres are not permitted.
Slot it F type tyres are not permitted
All tyres must be dry and free from additives whenever the car is placed on the track.

4. MOTORS & CHASSIS
Motor choice is free.
Chassis design and construction is free but must comply with sections 1 to 4 and any individual class restrictions.
Any chassis design which allows the wheelbase dimension to vary will be measured at both extremes of movement and must remain within the +or- 2mm scale tolerance.
Any chassis design which allows the wheels to move from side to side must have that movement restricted to ensure that the tyres cannot be seen from above at the extremes of movement.
On cars fitted with steering the tyres must not be visible from above when in the straight ahead position, but can be visible when the steering is turned.
Minimum ground clearance will apply under the motor and the entire length of the chassis and body, unless stated otherwise. This will be measured with the car sitting on its tyres on a flat and level section of the track to be used for the event or on a flat test block which matches that track. Drive gears and front air dam/splitter, if fitted, may be below the minimum ground clearance but must remain clear of the track surface at all times.
One slot guide only is permitted.
Blade designs must be no more than 25mm long and pin designs with more than one pin must have the pins no more than a total of 25mm apart.
Traction magnets are not permitted.

5. READY-TO-RUN (RTR) CARS
Any Ready-to-Run car which fully complies with the above car standards will be eligible to race unless stated otherwise by an event organizer.
Event organizers may also choose to allow Ready-to-Run cars which do not comply with the above standards to enter, and may even have separate classes or finals for these cars, but must clearly define the rules they will be applying to such cars well in advance of the event.
The final decision on eligibility will rest with the individual meeting organizer.

SPORTS & GT CAR CLASSES 
The descriptions, in brackets below each heading, are intended for guidance
Cars raced at major classes at International and National events only with proof of races attend if needed. Open or closed top models allowed.

We will accept Gt and sports cars with overscale bodies that are standard off the shelf production types i.e. NSR, thunder slot , slot it mrrc etc. However the running gear and track etc must comply with the following regulations.

SP3 - 1949-1962 Sports & GT Cars
(The post WWII mainly front engine sports car era).
 Motor orientation: Inline only.
 Front wheels and tyres: Minimum diameter 19mm, minimum width 5mm. Rear wheels and tyres: Minimum diameter 21mm, maximum width 7.5mm. Minimum ground clearance 2mm.
 Maximum overall width: 57mm.

SP4 - 1963-1967 Sports & GT Cars.
(The early rear engine era. Ford versus Ferrari at Le Mans. The Can-Am begins). Motor orientation: free.
 Front wheels and tyres: Minimum diameter 18mm, minimum width 5mm.
 Rear wheels and tyres: Minimum diameter 20mm, maximum width 10mm.
Minimum ground clearance 1.5mm.
Maximum overall width: 61mm.

We have defined the classes, rules & regs as we have the right to.
No compromises will be allowed
No driver assumptions will be allowed
Please ask for clarification on any model issues via a PM message direct to Bill and myself. No open forum debates please.

Thanks for now

Ian J

1 - 20 of 59 Posts