SlotForum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Matt Tucker
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it must becuase I spent an excellent day with my wife shopping, with her noticing I was coming home loaded with quite a few bags of goodies for her - its her birthday next week.

Anyway as my son was putting together a lego creation and I was assembling some Fly pitwall sections she said why don't we move the snooker table out of the basement and in to an upstairs room so I can set up a pernament track. Then she said I could even get a quote to get our huge loft boarded and lighted for my slot car hobby.

Woo hoooo! I'll have to let the idea settle for a few days and then post birthday make sure she is still OK and then I've got myslef a nice little project. The loft is huge and woudl give me the possibility of a 20m straight!!!

I'll keep you posted as I'll be looking for good layouts and tips as the the loft has restrictive head height. As you can guess the loft is my fav idea.

Matt

·
Registered
329 Posts
QUOTE (mtucker666 @ 14 Aug 2004, 20:08)the possibility of a 20m straight!!!
Nothing else to say but

Lucky man

·
René 'Vialli' Christensen
4,861 Posts
Just proves you have to treat your lady right!
My wife bolught me the great Dunlop towerbridge, two pitbuildings, three grand stands and two Polistil stands, people and trees for me at my birthday.

·
Alan Tadd
4,038 Posts
Excellent News Matt......I wish you well.

Main problem I had with lofts when I had a rail layout was the temperature difference, and the effect it had on the rails. I ended up building a room within the loft to try and combat the effects.

Best of Luck.

Alan

·
Matt Tucker
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My main worries are sound proofing and temp control. My wife won't sanction a full blown loft conversion (ie dorma windows etc.) so I have a feeling sweltering summers and shivering winters could be awaiting. I can insultate the rafters to help with the shivering but ideas on cheap (w/o wrecking the house) ventilation. Hopefully the track expansion should not be too severe??

Sound proofing will be by extra insutation material and then a honeycomb underlay and a carpet on top. Hopefully enough, as I don't want to have the ultimate track and not be allowed to use it past the bewitching hour.

Matt

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Keep the temperature ambient. If you don't, you'll regret it. Mark my words...

Learn from the poor people that have gone before you

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Been involved in a few sound proofing projects - e-mail me before you start the boarding if you want some advice!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Well that just isn't fair. I took my wife to Hawaii this year, then on a road trip to two romantic hotels along the coast as well as diamond earrings for anniversary and I STILL have not gotten the finished basement back. (I should never has fininished it...I could be happily racing with the spiders right now!!)

carp!!

-Maltese

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.