SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Construction has begun on the new Woodbrook Valley road course.
A 3 lane, MDF routed, scenic country road loop, I hope to test myself a bit more with the scenery.
I picked up a shelf unit, cut it down to fit under the track to store some cars.
Tables are 770mm from floor to top.
The tables are sitting on top of the track, drawn out on the MDF sheets, which measure 3600x1800x9mm and 2400x1800x9mm (12'x6' and 8'x6'), I drew the track out first so I could get the table sizes right.

Hope to update regularly,

Cheers,
Dick

·
Tel
4,125 Posts
Ooooo "A 3 lane, MDF routed, scenic country road loop" I cant wait to see this grow, even the benchwork looks top drawer

·
Lars Ole
1,640 Posts
I'm sure it's gonna be a ripper

looking forward to updates.

cheers

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brad, I have had to change one corner from the original plan, but it will allow more room for scenery, and it should flow a bit better too.

RE the plan... I'll get onto it, I've been putting it off.

Umbra; I get my timber from work, it's basically 70x35mm non structural pine, comes in 640, 1200 and 1620mm long lengths and best of all, it's free!
I just work out the height I want, then I build the tables in a way that I can handle them (I built them outside under the pergola and carried them in to the room - to minimise the amount of sawdust etc.)
I built them in a modular fashion so I can install the rear of the track and have access to it before I fit the front tables, as it will be 1.8m (6 ft deep! I can't reach that far to do scenery!) They are 770mm wide and about 1600mm long, 770mm high.
I built a recess for the bookcases, so I can remove them if need be.

What did you want me to get a pic of?

Dick

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hi Dick

Did you make a desition on how you will stick your braid?
i used Evo-Stick (contact adesive) a few months ago on a small section and it took way to long tbh.
so when i desided to route the rest of my track i used the double sided 1/4" tape.
its not actually tape in a way as it is just the sticky membrane, theres no actual tape in there.
but after laying 84' x 4 (2 lanes) i would definatly use tape again.
its been down over a week now and there is no peeling issues at all.
in all its great stuff, miles cleaner, quicker and easier than glue.
think it was about $17 (usd) per 60 yard role (180') so good price aswell.

gl with the routing
(just doing my last bit in the back yard now).

Rico

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
r3k0, is this the stuff you used? It's what I was planning to use...

Taken from the Armchair Racer site:

3M Clear 5ml Thick (1/4" wide double stick tape), is the easiest way to attach new braid to a sealed braid shoulder. Adhesion & durability is comparable to glue with less hassle as shown above.
Price is AU$28.00 for a 55 metre roll.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Had a busy Saturday... had the boys for the best part of the day, then got a window of 45 mins before heading out for the Old Man's 76th Birthday, then out for dinner with friends... I tell ya what... this life stuff gets in the way!
Here's what I did with the 45 mins!

You may just be able to pick up the lanes in these pics.

At least I'm getting some progress, even though there's a lot going in outside "slot life".
I would love a month off from life!!!

·
Frank
612 Posts
don´t worry, may by that some of you think i´m a master-
but only a master of disaster

I can´t do this since i was born,- i also have to learn- now and in future
And on the work i learned more and more.

So and now its on you

1 - 20 of 385 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.