SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to the forum and also in the world of slot cars.

For a year now I've been using a standard 3-car Carrera Digital 132 track with wired controls.

I am very interested in building my own wooden track to run a digital system.

Could you give me some guidance as to which digital system would be interesting for this case?

I would greatly appreciate a system as open as possible and allow for some customizations but in return it would be interesting to consider systems with a larger number of clients because of the ease of finding information.

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Reactions: gersonfer

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip. I am reading the documentation provided on the site. It seemed to me a very complete solution.

Gerson

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Wouldn't really be doing this topic justice without mentioning Thunder Road by member Buspor63.

Routed MDF on tilt legs using Carrera digital as the donor electronics.

Of course Scorpius and other brands have electronics designed for MDF builds plus all the other benefits that come naturally with an advanced system.

There is also a forum member who built an MDF layout based on Scalextric digital that gets a lot of club use.

Steve.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wouldn't really be doing this topic justice without mentioning Thunder Road by member Buspor63.

Routed MDF on tilt legs using Carrera digital as the donor electronics.

Of course Scorpius and other brands have electronics designed for MDF builds plus all the other benefits that come naturally with an advanced system.

There is also a forum member who built an MDF layout based on Scalextric digital that gets a lot of club use.

Steve.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Steve !
I am very impressed with the creativity of Buspor63. It seems to me a good use of the investment already made in Carrera Digital technology. I will read more about this type of approach and try to implement it. At the moment I am very seduced by the advanced technology of Scorpius but seeing what you have presented I realize that it is possible to have an implementation that uses the wood set, CU Carrera, some LC Carrera and gradually evolve into Scorpius. Thanks so much for the tips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts