SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday all.

Progress has been rather slow with the scenery.Im finding it pretty hard to put the controller down and get stuck into it.
While the snow look was ok(as seen in this postWoods good **9 photos** ) i thought a bit of colour might look better.

Im going with a sandstone/desert type of landscape.

a bit more dry brushing required here and i have to mix up a better colour for the concrete walls

bit of sky added up the back there

catch fencing went up pretty quick as first drive on the track with FLY Gt1 porsche ended with it going over the fence here on to garage floor, ahhhhhhhhhhhh

reverse view of previous photo

added some bits of grenery from the garden and an old broken scaley grandstand just to get some ideas

Thats all for now.
Next task will be the mountain around the brick wall , so will post more piccie when thats done.

Cheers all

Clive.

·
Ian
99 Posts
Clive,
that "Dry Brushing" works a treat those rocks look really cool, I am sure I have driven round the 1:1 version bend in photo #3. Very impressed with your work excellent
Good to see the now mandatory use of VWs in your shots too, Top Marks

Ian

·
.. Leo A Capaldi ..
2,482 Posts
I like the casual use of "an old broken scaley grandstand" - that looks very effective although could do with some spectators.

Err... QUOTE (bleep @ 13 Jun 2006, 14:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>mandatory use of VWs
Sorry but no-one had told me. Is there a 1/32 "Bay Window" VW? I am a bit younger than Bleep so would prefer the later version. :)

·
Bill
2,888 Posts
Very impressive use of rock and very artistic painting of the rocks. The concrete wall also looks good already -- can't wait to see what you mix up! And, looks like a nice layout to race. How do the pits work?

·
Registered
167 Posts
THC,

Looks absolutely magificent, full credit to you creating such a great permanent layout. I really like the way the track flows and makes its way up/down the mountain. One thing i would love to see on your track are some guard rails around the hill sections
cant bear the thought of your prized cars making the leap of faith. Also love the pit lane, i would have loved to have put on in the track ive been building but space just didnt allow. How are you making the cars divert into the pits. Is it electronic based or mechanical? would love to see a few close up pics of how you managed this.

Once again great track look forward to more photos

Phil

·
Premium Member
2,716 Posts
That is awesome! Well done. I love the desert landscape and elevation changes. What is the total length?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey all.

Sorry Evilben no cactus's its gonna be an Australian type of desert so no introduced species apart from maybe a dead rabbit/fox/bushpig/canetoad/ blackberry bush etc etc. Actually maybe a cactus will fit right in.

Slots o Fun and Taxi track length is 27metre's.The main straight is 7metre's long. Fastest lap is 9.2 sec by the SUPRA.

Hey Lavenlaar
going through that wall was the hardest part of building the track.It took over 2hr's to get those bricks out.
Hows your track progressing ? Cut some laps yet?

About the pits.
A few people have asked me about these. I was gonna post some piccies to show a bit of detail but digi cam is busted.I will try to get hold of works digi cam in the next couple of days and take some detail shots of the turn in mechcanism.

Anyhow thanks for all your complements.
Im really stoked about the way the track came out and as i said in Evilbens post it wasnt really that hard.
Its pretty easy to nail down a guide and follow it around with a router.
Ive got big plans in my head for a extension section that can be put away when the car needs to go in the garage.I want to get the Supra going flat out for an extended period of time ,so im picturing a long straight coming off the switch backs into a large radius banked corner and then back to the switcbacks.
Ok im starting to ramble on .Gotta go.

Cheers all.
Clive
THC

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
QUOTE Anyhow thanks for all your complements.
Im really stoked about the way the track came out and as i said in Evilbens post it wasnt really that hard.
Its pretty easy to nail down a guide and follow it around with a router.
Ive got big plans in my head for a extension section that can be put away when the car needs to go in the garage.I want to get the Supra going flat out for an extended period of time ,so im picturing a long straight coming off the switch backs into a large radius banked corner and then back to the switcbacks.
Ok im starting to ramble on .Gotta go.
you should make the bend (going into the long straight ) a radius 3 and make it banked.. then you can probs get full speed going round that corner

just a thought

cheers ben

·
Registered
53 Posts
Gday to you all.
After reading Taxi's latest thread about his should i or shouldnt i pit lane on his excellent wood track i thought i better post a piccie of how easy it is to do.
This piccie below shows the mechanism under the track.

Heres the flipper.Triangular piece of mdf reinforced with expoxy glue.

Flipper is activated by a momentary push button mounted at the drivers station.The system has worked faultlessly so far.
Here is a short vid of pit lane in action

]pit lane[/url]

Any questions you guys have got feel free to ask.

As requested previously heres a couple of vids of the track in action.Each video is about 6mb.

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing
]supra[/url]

]Slot it Porsche vs Ninco WRX[/url]

This next vid is of my young bloke with his Porsche 956 doing the track in reverse.Roughly 12mb

]track in reverse[/url]

Cheers all

THC

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.