SlotForum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesireee,finally found some really nice Porsche 904/906 inserts,and,from a source I never would have even thought to look at.

I just aquired a pretty Mint Ruskit Porsche 906(Absolut one of the best RTR/Kit cars from the 60s),and,it even had ALL 4 INSERTS with it,and,in perfect condition.The good thing about the whole deal is,that Ruskit made slightly undersize from scale wheels on thier Carrera Series cars,the insert Diameter being just .040 larger than my BW32002/4/6 series of 1/32 scale wheels.There is enough meat to turn these down .040 without losing any of the needed detail.

They are quite well done for the era,and are very close to being exact 1/32 scale duplicates of the 904/906 steel wheel.I is a happy happy camper.This was totaly unexpected,and this alone was worth what I paid for the entire Ebay Auction.

·
Registered
721 Posts
It's always nice to find the unexpected. I had the same thing happen to me while visiting a used book store in San Francisco.

I remember that Ruskit Porsche. It was/is a great kit and look forward to seing the results of these new "masters".

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
The amount of epoxy I have use, I on't think my 906 is coming apart! But I am interested to see what the wheels (and the whole ruskit) looks like, any chance of some pics?

cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts