SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Digital "Tea Boy"
775 Posts
Hi everyone,

I would like to see other members workshop/area/bench. The place where all your "magic" happens.

I couldn't really post it anywhere else as this covers a lot of stuff not just cars, but 1:32 cars are the most general scale of cars as far a I know so it will probably get most exposure and therefore good references here.

I think it will be quite interesting to see what tools etc we all use to service, upgrade, paint and modify our little cars.

Seeing that I'm the one asking for this it's only fair that I post my setup as well:

I use my area mostly for chipping, tuning and adding lights as I have not moved over to modifications and re-livery's yet. Neither have I really gone into modifying trackpieces.
I recently bought the "magnifying bench light" and it works a charm. Also have a OKI fume extraction system on it's away as there is too little ventilation in this room and I don't react too well to solder smoke.

IKEA computer table is my main working area.

My pride and joy.

Lets get the ball rolling....

· Digital "Tea Boy"
775 Posts
Well I guess it's only you and me Colin that has an interest in this....80 views so far and no other contributions. Pah!
Too "geeky"???

· Digital "Tea Boy"
775 Posts
That is one mean setup! Holy
and with THAT track next to it!

I see we also share the same tyre truer...I just have my laptop on a laptop table that I move around the house and when I'm working on my cars I plug it into my screen for some surfing, entertainment and re-programming of digital chips....

Thanks for sharing!

· Digital "Tea Boy"
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Embs: So in theory you suggesting that my bench is tidy then???

@John: I like that your workbench has a nice "cut" into it so you're nearly surrounded by all your stuff. BTW is that Pratt & Whitney Radial engine on your bookstand? Wish I had that kind of space! Lovely track and scenery as well!

So far Glue Guns and Dremels seems to be the common dominator.

· Digital "Tea Boy"
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is that an Ice Cream van I see?
.....and there is a Dremel again -the guys at Dremel must be wondering what recession everyone is talking about!

· Digital "Tea Boy"
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I'm loving it. JCS100 in my opinion, there is no such thing as a untidy or bomb hit work area.
Most of these, to me, looks like seriously experienced slotter's work area...that clearly excludes mine...if those benches could only but speak....

"various inspirational posters" -

That Porsche BTW looks the business.

· Digital "Tea Boy"
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You should show us your "real" workshop.....

· Digital "Tea Boy"
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
@Shane: That is a incredible set-up you have there.

@Martin: I can vouch for Proxxon tools as well. For me they are a bit more accurate than the Dremel's.

@Abie: Hey, welcome to the "study" club
....I'm in awe of some of the stuff I've seen so far....very impressive. One day when we are "big" we'll have nice setups as well.

· Digital "Tea Boy"
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
@Cam, that is MIGHTY impressive. Reminds me of a F1 garage...near sterile

If I only had 2 meters worth of that workbench it would be great!

@Kennee What one earth do you cut with those MASSIVE scissors?

· Digital "Tea Boy"
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I'm considering to buy some shares in Dremel Embs.

· Digital "Tea Boy"
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Interesting stuff guys. Would have never thought about setting up shop in IKEA cabinet...

· Digital "Tea Boy"
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
No more takers?

I was quite enjoying the "bomb blast" effect work areas...

· Digital "Tea Boy"
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
...the fridge is already there Embs. It's whats IN the fridge that matters.

· Digital "Tea Boy"
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
.....and I guess there is a lovely view out the window there, Ian? See the "Health and Safety" has been covered as well...

· Digital "Tea Boy"
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I really like your "running in" rig! That is really quite cool...no pun intended.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.