SlotForum banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

· Registered
905 Posts
Here's a few pic's of my workspace and some of the things that have been adapted to help in the quest of fast, good handling slot cars!

A handy use for old scaley box bases, screw them to the wall for a shelf!

Put together for running cars in, with built in cooling fan for the motor

Remember those old cassette holders?

more drawers for spares

· Digital "Tea Boy"
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I really like your "running in" rig! That is really quite cool...no pun intended.

· Premium Member
5,599 Posts
I agree with Keeto, That's an excellent idea for keeping the motor cool.

· Ian
10,487 Posts
QUOTE (CJA @ 13 Nov 2011, 12:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ideal for building some brass chassis !!??.
vbr Chris.

Chris, This is the clean area I have another workshop, for the "Dirty Work" with a proper vice etc only it's cold in there
You must come round one day!

Slotcarscrapyard - Chris D great use of space it's interesting to see the items that are not Slotcars that we use in the same way

Love the work on the Charger...

· Premium Member
1,700 Posts
This is a bit of a bump to an Oldie....but a Goldie
thumbsup.gif

I recently had to rearrange one of the kids rooms to get rid of the old single furniture and set up the room to cater for a couple, obviously getting older now
sad.png

The upside was I could recycle the study desk into a new slot car workbench
banana.gif

Step 1 - get rid of the existing workbench (this photo is a bit old circa 2010 and quite tidy compared to current day, I forgot to take a "before" photo
wacko.png
).

gallery_7841_1208_295853.jpg

Step 2 - setup old study desk into new and improved workbench
biggrin.png

Table Computer desk Shelving Interior design Wood

Step 3 - now I have to tidy up the Race Control Table
innocent.gif

Computer Personal computer Table Computer keyboard Input device

Attachments

· Registered
1,497 Posts
In for a penny, in for a pound. My work space.

I had the luxury of a new house build, so I made the garage wider than a standard double, to allow for work bench(es) down the left side, and storage racking on the right side

But I also made it 30 feet deep, and our roller skate cars are both under 15 feet, so I have space to work, and walk around my track with cars in the garage.

For club nights I just park them in the driveway, throw up 3 resin tables for the guys slot cases, and we're ready to rock and roll .. and race .. and eat

Oakland%202019-5.jpg

I have another shorter bench off to the left, mounted above a draftsmens plan drawer which holds my cars

bench21.jpg

The parts bins are fairly orderly, and quite bloated.

I am known to have a bit of a lathe addiction. Four tyre lathes, plus the two Unimat SL1000 jewelers lathes like the one above at left

The second is meant to be set up as a vertical milling machine. But it is sitting in a box for lack of work.

bench22.jpg

81 - 88 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.