SlotForum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Where would we be without Classic? Penny for penny the best value in Slot Racing!

My standard procedure is to give them a good wash in soapy water, dry thoroughly, then attack all vents, radiators, wheel arches etc with a Dremel. I like to work away at the inner edge of wheel arches as far as I dare to give the appearance of a thin panel edge. Sometimes a little internal reinforcement with a fillet of epoxy is a good idea in very fragile places. Tidy up with needle files, then go over the whole body with 800 grit wet & dry paper to show up any dips and dimples- which they do have. Then I fill up any imperfections with Timbafill Styrene wood filler- available from any DIY shop. Mix it up with the catalyst and it dries hard to a very smooth and workable finish in 5 mins. It sticks well to the fibreglass, and files, sandpapers, slices to whatever shape you want very easily. Then wash again, give a spray of appropriate undercoat, and fill all the other little holes that you missed first time. Repeat the process until you have a lovely little shell ready for colour spraying. Any paint seems to work, as long as the base coat is compatible. I use Halfords auto touch up sprays myself.

Good luck and have fun!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts