SlotForum banner

World Proxy Chassis

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Turismo 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Heres a sneak preview of one of my world proxy chassis.

It uses a slotit motor mount for ease of construction and gives method option if side winder or inline depending on my choice the body will be simply mounted as in my last years CLK with screws from underneath there will also be aditional mounting for the slotit bracket as the two plastic lugs look a bit weak to survive a trip to the floor .

See less See more
#2 ·
Graham

Nice idea.. I have used the motor pod idea myself with the Fly motor pod.... Still waiting ot try it with the other ones I got from Sean......

Question....... I see where you can attach the pod to the chassis in the front.. what are you going to do about the rear?? If your planning on having just the front hold the pod to the chassis I don't think it will be strong enough for Proxy racing......

And tell the guys to have the cars at my house by March 15th..... I am still working on a race date but am shooting for the 20th or 27th.......

I will check my site later today and make sure the entry form is right......

Chris...

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
We have now got slotit/fly rtrs lapping preston as fast as last years proxy cars so it is do able but what youve got to remember about building a proxy car is its not you whos going to be driving it ,make the car as driver friendly as you can.

In last years uk races my clk when driven in qualifying by Jim Brown was a good 1/2 second a lap quicker than the nearest car but in the races some of the other drivers found it too quick and hard to handle being more comfortable with the slower cars it wasntuntil the 3rd uk race when every one was used to the cars that the clk managed to show its true potential and win.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok weve got to the point where its a roling chassis the front mount seems quite strong but Im still a bit unsure about the strength of the slot it mount but I can always send a spare

Ive built enough adjustment into the front so Chris can have the wheels on the deck seemed to work on his track last year so Ill go with it

for the first tests I will run with the inline mount but by the time it gets to Chris it may be a sidewinder as it is so easy to re con figure this chasis using the slot it pod
Just need to finish cleaning it up set the body on the chassis and then its testing time

#7 ·
Ive done a couple of test runs today with the chassis I fitted a tempory body and motor and gave it a few runs round my 50ft carrera track .The motor is an scw1 whic is rated about 24000 rpm I chose 10 /30 gears and fitted a set of supernatural sponge tyres at the rear first runs were around the 5.5 sec mark top speed was good but brakes seemed poor so I changed to an 8 tooth pinion but this killed the speed too much on the straights so I compromised with a 9 tooth the reslts were good the car turned it sub 5 sec laps with a best of 4.96 ,the car is both smooth and easy to drive which is paramount in a proxy car I will give it a run at the club next week I later tried a selection of other tyres which included pprs and ortmans but nothing improved on the supernaturals ,The car weighs in at 114 g at the moment which is 10g lighter than my last yrs porsche but I have yet to play with weight distribution

#8 ·
After a bit more track time today and I got the time down to 4.7 which isnt bad But after playing about with a bit of weight I felt although it was marginaly slower 4.8 the lap times were more consistant weight is now up to 127 g ,still light by Chris Briggs standards ,but as were still in the testing stage nothings finalised

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.