SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 280 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
14,648 Posts
"SKIP TO LATEST POSTS TO GET NEXT MEETING DATE AND TIME"

Worldwide Slot Car Chat Meeting on Zoom!

Today at 12 noon, Pacific time. That's 3pm Eastern or 7pm GMT.

Share your love of slot cars, whatever the scale, type, or facet of the hobby! All are welcome! Don't be shy!

When the time comes, click the following link, and use your web browser or the Zoom app to join and chat.

As I'm hosting with a free account, this will be limited to 40 minutes, so if you're interested in participating, or even just watching, don't be late! I'll try to record it and if there's anything interesting or entertaining, I'll post it to YouTube or something. Due to this time limitation, I will not join as host, and therefore start the meeting, until the precise time of the meeting. Set an alarm if you need to, and join right at the correct time. If you're not sure what time that is for your location, look up a local time zone conversion on google. It will be approximately 3 hours from when this message is posted.

Got it? OK, here's the link. See you then!

https://us04web.zoom.us/j/76683691203

Meeting ID: 766 8369 1203

·
Greg Gaub
14,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hah! Probably a good amount of time. ;-)

Next time will probably be a different time of day, so that other people have a chance. Not sure yet when, though. This time, I wanted to make sure it wasn't too late for you lot. I had originally planned for 2 or 3 hours later than I ended up doing it today.

·
Registered
406 Posts
We started with the first of planned weekly video call chats within our club last week at the same time we would normally have raced. We will be doing another one tomorrow evening. How many participants did you get?

Alwyn

·
Greg Gaub
14,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a few, but there was very little warning. Feel free to watch the video. Those that were in attendance were enthusiastic. The next one will have additional warning, so that more people are aware of it before hand. I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall of your next chat, if you felt like inviting me. :)

·
Greg Gaub
14,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Greg Gaub is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: World Wide Slot Car Chat Ep 2
Time: Apr 29, 2020 08:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/75440166193

Meeting ID: 754 4016 6193

·
Greg Gaub
14,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, it looks like Zoom was not as generous this time, and cut us off at the 40 minute limit. Next week, we'll make sure it lasts longer, hopefully as long as we want. It was great to meet some new faces and chat about slot cars. We'll do Wednesday again, but probably later in the day to make sure some people from down under can also attend. Thanks to everyone that joined us this time! I'll have the video uploaded ASAP and will link to it here.

·
Greg Gaub
14,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Greg Gaub is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: World Wide Slot Car Chat Ep 3

Time: May 6, 2020 04:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82006690742

Meeting ID: 82006690742

We don't have an "agenda" per se, but I like to start off with quick introductions from everyone. Just a quick statement of who you are (forum handle is also helpful), what kind of slot racing you do, or are interested in, how long you've been doing it, etc. Then I'll ask if anyone has any new or interesting things they'd like to share, and finish up with any questions anyone has about anything under the broad umbrella of "slot cars." It's been enjoyable so far, and I don't see that changing any time soon. Come as a viewer or participant, either is fine. You can mute your mic and/or block your camera, it's up to you. There's even a text chat function that can be used for questions from the "gallery."

I hope you are able to join us!

·
Greg Gaub
14,648 Posts
I think this chat was the best yet! We had great attendance from all over the world, even some night-owls from the UK time zones. It was fun to hear about people's history and experience in the world of slot cars, and put more faces and voices to names. We will definitely do it again next week. I think we'll alternate between this time, and a few hours prior, so that we can give both those down under, and those in western Europe a change to join in at least every other week.

I'm currently uploading the recording to YouTube. There was a problem with the audio when I previewed it on my computer, but I'm hoping that was my processor being busy, and not the recording. If it's good, I'll post a link so that people can enjoy it.

·
Alan Wilkinson
1,033 Posts
Greg,
Thanks for setting this up.
Could not attend because it had been a long day and (unlike Tamar) there is no way I could have lasted into the early hours.
Good topics,
Tyres : the pros and cons of different formulae.
Track : wood v plastic and comparisons of Carrera, scalextric, ninco and policar tracks.
The " my favourite car" topic was revisited , Nascar. A class of racing I know nothing about at all.
I'm looking forward to next week.
Alan.

1 - 20 of 280 Posts