SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
So, I paid over the top for it, but the money went to a good cause for once and I am more than happy with the car.

Anyway - out of the MMK box it came...

Trued, glued and its off and running with the best of the Ninco 356s!

WELL CHUFFED!!!!!

It is a little on the top heavy side but for a resin car that is to be expected and nothing that can't be overcome with some concentration.

Detailing and attention to detail is amazing..

Rear lights could have been red but that is my ONLY gripe and easy to fix, might even have been an oversight on this one.

Interesting is the cloned chassis - recognise it?
yep! it is a cloned Ninco Porsche 356 chassis with the hole filled that used to take the fixing bolt and the Ninco name removed, you can still see where it used to be
. This time too sees the chassis NOT in resin but a plastic of some kind, which is a good move.

Gearing is plastic for both crown and pinion - same as Ninco and the motor, though not wrapped in an NC1 wrapper, gives the same (approx) readigns all round as an NC1 as does the Gauss value.
I think I read in another post from Prof Fate that the standard Mabuchi cans used by Fly, Scalextric, Ninco etc are all identical anyway.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got it from Pendles, but it was the car offered as an Auction item (they ran out of time so it was offered later) at the recent Pheonix Charity bash.
No magnet - not required. You would kill it fast with a magnet thats for sure.

I agree the motor is the opposite end drive but I think the insides are the same as the NC1 it certainly runs like one and can keep up with the other Porsche 356s I have.
I don't think it WAS intended to have fantastic performance but it is in keeping with cars of the age and I think it is adequate, along with the whole Ninco Classic range - Not fragile missiles but great fun to race.
We use them as a calm down at the end of the evening, drop voltage to 12 with 5 minutes in each lane and it isn't so hectic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts