SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I am looking forward to a second Barn trip this month. And with such a different race format to what we normally do, its going to be fascinating. I hope you guys have worked out how it is going to work by then!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Haha, thanks Mike. The lesson is that you should always race in comfy strides!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here's a few........my brain hurts now

Wheelspin Witches / Werewolves / Worlocks

Pole Position Pumpkins.....or......Pumpkins on Pole

Guterlane Gargoyles.......my favourite

The BARN storming black cats

need for speed spooks / spectres / spiders

·
Registered
39 Posts
How about:

The No Bodies
Show us your Ghoulies
Big Ghoulies
Slot Psychos
Goring Goblins
Dying to Win
The Headless Slot Men
Scare-lextric
Speedy Devils
Speed Demons

And if we can muster up a few Mums to the event they could be The Yummie Mummies!

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow! There are some excellent names there and each team will have a choice of which one to pick.

This is how the evening will work - at least in theory…

We'll have a maximum of 8 teams running either 15 or 16 minutes on each lane with live driver changes so every team member gets to race on each lane.

If 24 or less turn up, we'll have teams of three. Between 24 and 32, it'll be teams of four. More than 32 and it'll be teams of 5.

The top 8 in the Micro Scalextric championship are 'seeded' so they are in different teams - that's Andrew, Dave P, Duncan, Dave H, Mike, Lee, John and Jonah. If any of those don't race, the next in the table steps up.

Then we draw out of a hat the rest of the team members. Each team needs at least one junior, so that complicates it a little, but it will work out. Trust me

Like last time, we will have two cars assigned to each lane. The two cars will be matched. We'll be running in 'Need for Speed' liveries with the side panels painted to match the lane colours (pics to follow).

A bell will ring each 5 minutes (if we have 3 member teams), 4 minutes (4 members teams) or 3 minutes (5 member teams) for a live driver change.

Teams that are not racing must be marshalling.

Unless a mechanical problem occurs or is apparent in the first 5 laps, cars cannot be swapped. The car will need to be moved to the garage area to be fixed. Teams need to be gentle with their cars!

Any questions?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I won't be there just so you know in advance. Life has taken a move in different direction last few weeks so looks as though be no more ho for me.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
The team idea all sounds good to me. I'm really looking forward to it. Will Andrew and Andy be manning the garage repair area? And is someone bringing a small car ramp that we can put the cars on during them getting fixed!!

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ah, yes. Details like that still to be confirmed...

A couple of people in the Micro garage and at least a couple on race control / bell-ringing duties will be great. Are you volunteering

Sadly I missed out on doing the Zombie walk (aka Beach of the Dead) in Brighton yesterday - I did catch the end and got some great ideas for costumes.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts