Votes: 7 77.8%
  • no

Votes: 2 22.2%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of starting a YouTube channel for Slot Car Drag Racing, I currently have all the components to do so just not sure if I would have enough followers. The goal would not be to get rich or anything I would like to put a lot of effort into these videos and ten people watching honestly would make my day, but no one watching would hurt. I just want to know if there is a market.

·
Digital Guru
11,352 Posts
I would of thought you would generate 10 views easily on this site ...

But YouTube itself has millions of users not just a few thousand as here , the thing with YouTube you've got a few seconds to grab someone's attention, so the Thumbnail for the Video is important as is the actual title..

Personally I would start the title with the words "Drag Race" and then mention standing 1/4 in what ever the cars will cover it in, its bound to be a lot quicker than 1:1 time don't mention the scale and watch the number of views climb..

·
Greg Gaub
16,371 Posts
Create content that YOU like. Other people who like the same kind of stuff will find it, especially if you post links in a few places where those people hang out.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
To answer your question, I would sincerely hope not but there's a metric ton of stuff that leaves me shaking my head in disbelief on YouTube and a lot of that gets views so don't ask, just do. Then see where you end up.

But I'll pass, thanks for asking.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Ha! It is? Geez, shaking my head in disbelief. 🙄

Wait, let me check the barometer of niche a.k.a. the SCI forum homepage....

Edit:
Damn! That is niche! Couldn't see a space on SCI or HRW - and those boys even have a forum for bloomin' oval racing!😲

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,117 Posts
Ha! It is? Geez, shaking my head in disbelief. 🙄

Wait, let me check the barometer of niche a.k.a. the SCI forum homepage....

Edit:
Damn! That is niche! Couldn't see a space on SCI or HRW - and those boys even have a forum for bloomin' oval racing!😲
It's a private sub-forum...oooer, that's wandering into dangerous territory :unsure:

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Well, we could, I guess.😕

Aw, but it's only a little banter and it is keeping the thread alive which might mean a bigger response to the poll - currently only four votes cast. Which kinda points to an answer to the titular question really, so, yeah, probably time to move on.🤗

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would be interested. Would you be thinking of covering all scales at a later date?
Once I have finished 10 episodes and have a format finalized I am very open to that just one thing at a time for now. I am currently struggling with a name for the show at #1 is Send it Racing my hope is that viewers will send cars of there own to the show for competition. Any ideas for a name?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.