SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first Slot.It car (956 Canon) yesterday, and I was very impressed alltogether! -Yes, I know this is old news to most here, but I was just really impressed, eventhough I've read reviews on it and had very high expectations, it still exceed them
. Why can't all RTRs be that good? Really all you could ask for straight out of the box (all I did was remove the magnut)! Smooth quiet very fast stable and predictable handling. And best of all it doesn't cost more that other cars. I just wish they could make more cars available soon, because I'd buy many! How about a Jaguar XJR-9 to go along with that Sauber C9. And, please hurry up

So thank you Maurizio, for producing such a great product
! Keep up the good work

Toby

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Hey Toby, I'm the one who's supposed to be last to the party!

I got my first Slot.It, an Audi in my case, a few weeks ago:

Beautiful looking car although I havn't had a chance to give it a good run yet. My son tried it before the proxy event at Pendle last week though and says that it is excellent

Fortunately he's got his own now!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hehe! I'm in good company joining the party late then, John! I was debating which car to get, but I finally decided on the 956, but now I'll have to get that Audi too, given the outstanding performance. I really like the one in your pic (Mr.Stefan Johansson is Swedish
)

Edo, I'm using the standard P2 tires. I've got them on other cars too, with Slot.It wheels, and they work very well on my Scaley classic track. I've put them (SIPT02) on my Carrera Bentley too, and they work nicely there too.

·
Registered
183 Posts
hehe u're damn right m8!

After some trouble, which were outstandingly been solved by Maurizio himself - thx again m8 for u'r fast help - i enjoy my Slot.it's every day i drive 'em.
I started with the Porsche 956 "Canon" and added the Magnetic Suspension Kit. Ok - i gave it Ortmänner on the rear tires and it flyyyyyyyyyyyyssss around the wood track... I love it.
The look and the performance are outstanding!
Meanwhile i own 3 more cars of Slot.it. The "Kennwood" Porsche and two Audi R8 "Snetterton". The black devil. All of 'em with the Magnetic Suspension Kit 'cause it improves the car's so much.
Some weeks ago i added the nice light kit to one of my "Snetterton's". Simply great, easy to build in and looks great in use.
[see pics below]

car modified with Slot.it parts
- front and rear hubs SIPA17ALS
- Inline Crown SIGI07, bronze
- SISP06 Light Kit
- SICH09 Magnetic Suspension Kit
magnet removed

Can't await to get my hands on the already preordered "Newman" Porsche and the Sauber C9 and the Nissan and the...

Ah i nearly forgot - i use only on one car "Ortmann" tires. The rest runs on the delivered tires by Slot.it (only trued) and they perform well. With "Ortmänner" it's a bit faster but it doesn't slide that well...

my 2 cents

h3lldriver

·
Gary Skipp
6,539 Posts
Its a good point that about price. I dont see why the fly cars, especially the standard versions which would never keep up with a slot.it without mags cost so much. The Audi / Porsche are just as detailed and for nearly a quarter less moolah.

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
QUOTE I'm the one who's supposed to be last to the party!

Uh.... no, JP! That would be me! Still don't have one!
But the top of the wish list reads like a Slot.it catalogue!
October, November, December.... Christmas!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm the last to the party!
I've not got one yet but Im getting a Porsche 956 Kenwood for my Birthday on November 26th. I have 2 tracks that I can make, one twisty circuit with a short straight and one huge one shaped like an oval and looks like Monza. On the Monza like circuit I will take the magnet out of one of my Slot Cars for the first time and see how quick they go. The track is about 9/10 feet long!

·
Dave Kennedy
541 Posts
h3lldriver, you say you have Ortmann's on the 956? Do you have other cars with Ortmann's on them? I'd like to hear what you think of them. I've been using Ortmann's for a while now and have most of my cars outfitted with them. I love them and find that they are the best tires overall.

Dave K

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi Dave,

yeah i run "Ortmann" tires on my 956 and they're simply great on it. I have some on my McQeen 917K and on one of my Scalex GT40 too.
On the 917 it gives u damn great grip without magnet. I only use 'em on my non-magnet car's.
The GT40 is something different - i gets through 'em driveable. I tried to make it a non-magnet testcar for my 6 GT40's. So kicked the magnet out, changed the complete rear and front axle to slot.it and BWA parts and changed the guide to slot.it with ninco racing braid. With the orginal tires it was undriveable at that stage so i added "Ortmann" tires and it run soooooo smooth. At the moment a Scaleauto motor, yeah a tiny red one with 35k U/min, works in it.
The tires still give great grip and slidin' is a heaven - but under full throttle it's a uncontrolable rocket...
On Carrera tracks Ortmann's definetly rock all others away. On wood i have to say, i once tried GPTires and they were outstanding. If u could - try to get u'r hands on some. If u can't msg me and i'll send u some from germany...

greetzzz

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey, those Ortmanns sure sound great! Do they work that well on scaley classic track too? And most of all, where can I buy them? I live in Sweden, but buy most things online (mostly from Pendle and recently Slotfun).

Great pics ot that light equipped Audi, h3lldriver!

I'm not too keen on getting a Nissan as a slotcar really
, but when it's Slot.It making it anything is possible
. I'm waiting patiently for that Sauber, and praying for the XJR-9 to be announced as next in the production line

·
Dave Kennedy
541 Posts
I have Ortmann's on one of my Scalex GT40's, my scratch built TransAm Camaro, 917's, 908/3, SCX Orange Arrows, Mono-velle Cobra Daytona, and Chevron...all but the 956 Slot It Porsche. Ortmann's work best on every surface. I've run them on wood, Revell, Scalextric, Monogram...and they stick better than every other tire.

Now they are available for the Slot It's and I'm glad to hear from h3lldriver they work well on those cars too.

You can buy Ortmann's from Professor Motor and from Electric Dreams.

DK

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
I have tried the Ortman tyres on my Fly EVO 2RS Porsche. Although they are excellent tyres with plenty of grip they do not last for long. With my Porsche it wasn't long before it started bottoming out. I think though they would last longer on magnet cars where the car does not slide so much.

M

·
Registered
209 Posts
QUOTE (Rokkoko666 @ 7 Sep 2004, 22:03)Yes... please Maurizio... give us a Jaguar XJR-9!

Yes, I have to agree with Rokkoko666 about the Jaguar...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts