SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi Steve,

Is this track compatible with SCX compact track? Not keen on the loops but that could well attract a younger audience which is needed by the hobby, I saw the video and the lights looked good!

ATB - Bob.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I'd like to see some closer shots of the cars and the chassis. Potentially this is an excellent development.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
track looks Artin to me, with mainly with the connection tabs.

plus Artin had made the best rally pieces over the years,

looking forward to see the cars - still hoping that they will be like SCX.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Would be good to know.. Artin cars tend to be 7.5 volts and are hard to control at 12 volts.

Artin/Cartronic came out with a Skoda set this year I think. The cars looked really good...

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Yesterday I drove two Artin/Artin clone cars on a long wood track that was painted in matt emulshion, at 12v and they ran, and handled, beautifully. On my Carrera GO track they are just about controllable at 12v with the magnets in and impossible over 6v without magnets or urethane tyres.

I often replace the Artin motor with an HO type motor to make them compatible with my other 1/43 cars.

Regards, Lloyd.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think dvd meant Cartronic sets, here's a link to them;

http://cartronic.eu/de/Autorennbahnen/Cartronic-Car-Speed/Komplettsets

They don't sell those Skoda's separately but if you buy the set you get 12V system with enough amps to run even Artin cars.

Controllers doesn't have turbo and track pieces are compatibility with CarreraGO!!!

And here's what the cars looks like

Fb6E8y.jpg

HLg0Qq.jpg

Chassis is nothing like Artin.

Comes with ff030 motor, two magnets and rotating guide with metal pickups.

I replaced the pickups with braid, removed magnets

and changed the rear tires to CarGO high grip PU tires, some CarreraGo!!! tire is a good fit but I don't remember anymore which one.

4B6BCj.jpg

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
thanks for the video!

a guy in the go!forum got the set.

the cars are using the same technique as the AGM digital Minis i got some time ago, without digital components. not bad.

·
Registered
361 Posts
what is the difference on the dirt track section. is it only just painted a different color or is there a difference in the material.

also, I wonder if the ice track is slicker/non magnetic.

I am too old to use "imagination"
banana.gif

I am interested in these very much, but only if they not just the normal track. I have a nice 1/32 scale set and this would be fun I think

also, i wonder if they make them with a USA plug. i cant seem to find an american seller

1 - 20 of 118 Posts