SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 130 Posts
i got an answer from the manufacturer regarding my questions.

1. they do not sell it with a US plug. an adapter is required.

2. the dirt section is the same as the other parts of the track, only brown. not a different matterial

I probably would have been willing to buy the adapter for US plug, but unfortunately #2 puts me out of the running on this. if they made slippery or non magnetic or something to make it different, then it would be good.

Hello Steve,

Will this range become a "proprietary brand" or remain purely WRC aligned? I'm wondering if there will be any accessories like a lap recorder or track borders?

I like the track quality and better than Carrera Go! for non-mag running.

Leo

Discussion starter · #25 ·
At the moment its WRC only due to the agreements etc it will be interesting to see how things sell this year with the new cars added to range and track extension.

For us the sets landed late for Christmas trade so hoping better this year.

Mudchukka

There are 3 of these WRC cars on the 1/43 Little Monte Carlo Rally proxy that I am currently running and I am impressed.

if all 1/43 ready to run cars ran as nice as these do straight out of the box, I am sure that the scale would be more popular.

Regards, Lloyd.

Today I got the new WRC Yaris and i230 cars. I already have a Fiesta and a C3 so didn't get the new versions. Great to have these available now, hopefully the WRC brand will keep going strongly. Coverage of the recent Rally Espana included a very brief segment where commentator Colin Clark had a run with the layout that is available for punters in the service park. Colin was (as usual) over-enthusiastic but at least it got a brief airing.

The guide blade on these cars is quite shallow but apart from that they run well with or without the traction magnet.

Priced at £14.50 (GBP) from Time Tunnel Models

Leo

Attachments

They look brilliant...apart from the black windows! Clear windows & driver/navigator on a printed interior would suffice.

The windows are a pain in terms of doing a re-paint job. It seems that the black plastic bits are moulded in to the shell so cannot be removed/replaced without cutting them out. Masking them neatly would be a challenge to my skill set.

Leo

I had been wondering how the braids could be changed for these cars and tonight I found out. The twin contact braid is mounted on a plate which clips on to the rotating body of the "guide". The guide blade is actually part of the plate. Carefully slipping a thin screwdriver between the plate and the body of the rotating unit makes the braid plate pop off. Braids can then be replaced and the plate pushed back on with the two small locating lugs aligned.

It may be possible to use a finger nail to separate the sections, but mine are too short.

The blister packs do not have any instructions on this procedure, don't know about the instructions that come with the sets though, will try to find mine...

Leo

21 - 40 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.