SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in the inside of the WRC branded 1:43 cars?
Body is held on by 4 screws. Its not obvious to me how the (black) windows are inserted but the body seems to be molded around them. So the windows are not easily removable.
The front lights work but not the tail lights so only one lighting board.
The motor is held in place by a collar (sim to Carrera Go!) and a clamp.
Pinion has 8 teeth and the crown gear has 32.
Rear axle runs in bearings and is held in place by the body, so you cannot drive/run the chassis on its own.
Front axle is mounted in the chassis and cannot be removed without removing a wheel.
The wheels are well attached, I think with knurled axle ends - not been able to remove a wheel yet.
Tyres are quite grippy for non-mag running with some weight added.
No markings on the motor to identify it.

Leo

Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Gas Automotive wheel system

Product Circuit component Auto part Electrical wiring Cable

Air gun Toy Trigger Camera accessory Gun barrel

Attachments

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
It's a slight shame that the rear axle isn't fixed to the chassis as this would probably be a go to chassis for future projects for a lot of people.

Other than that it looks brilliant. Far better than the old Artin as DVD said and with a swivel guide as well.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Having driven some of these cars on the recent Little Monte Carlo Rally proxy, I can confirm that these cars are the best RTR offerings I have seen in this scale.

They:look great and run even smoother than SCX Compact straight out of the box, which is a big complement.

If anybody is thinking of buying any of these sets or cars, go ahead, you wont regret it!

Regards, Lloyd.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, this is my firs post, I love 1:43 slot tracks since I has a kid and received a jouef set (unfortunately lost in time).

I have this 4 wrc, last year I bought a set with Citroen and Ford, just for the cars, I use them on a Carrera Go track. This year Toyota and Hyundai (only cars).
There are differences, this year's are simpler: rear axle fixed to the chassis and motor just fitted without screws. I'll take pictures to show the differences.

Anyway, I like a lot all the 4.

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,635 Posts
Thank you ioques, I had not realised there was a change.
I just opened up my Toyota Yarys and Hyundai i20 and see what you mean. The rear axle mounting is like Carrera Go!. There are no bearings and there is a lot of play in the mounting.

A backward step for this brand.

The motor is simply clipped in at the end-bell end - no clamp like earlier cars.

Leo (PS - sorry about the gaps in this post - if a Mod can fix it, please do.)

[youtube-b]ZKR11cq_ujE&feature=youtu.be[/youtube-b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKR11cq_ujE&feature=youtu.be[youtube-b]ZKR11cq_ujE[/youtube-b]

·
Registered
361 Posts
i got 2 of the wrc brand rally cars in the mail yesterday. my goodness they are really nice. the detail is quite good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.