SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Pickups. On tyco 440 cars, and perhaps others, the pickups form a straight line from the rear (hinge point) to the front. This creates a triangle of sorts, and tends to lead to the front of the pickups wearing quickly.

Over the years, I developed two quick tweaks--both on the car.

1) I place a small flat screwdriver under kind of in the middle of the shoe and pry "out" away from the chassis, creating a new bend--forming a "flat" contact patch when viewed from the side.

2) On the front of the shoes, where the slot is that travels up and down on the chassis as the car moves along, I bend the vertical piece back toward the chassis slightly. This lowers the whole deal and helps handling.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Addendum to post #2:
In addition to the rest of the adjustments, turn the front of your shoes into skis.

Just did it and the car is (incrementally) quieter and smoother. Used needle nosed pliers and my fingers to get there, but will also be making that tool, which would make the process easier.

Thx, MM

·
Registered
885 Posts
I believe that similar stories have been fairly routine regarding disparate speeds between mg+ cars since their introduction.

Usually it ends with "I called Racemasters (AFX), and they provided a new car, no problem".

Maybe worth a shot to give them a call.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.