SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
I've had contact from Malcolm Scotto @ Wolves who indicated that 5 or 6 from there would be coming over. I've also had contact from Phoenix, who should also have a presence.

-Rob

·
Registered
752 Posts
An observation or two....

Rubber tyres only for this event - No Ortmann, Silicone, Sponge, or goop (as detailed in the regs in the link further up the page)

No white or translucent guides - the lap timer cannot detect them (also in the regs)

In testing and prep for the event, the track is working well and rubber tyres are SIGNIFICANTLY quicker than Ortmann - *once* you have yourself/your car dialled in

As a baseline tyre choice for those who have not raced @ Wrexham sans Ortmann, I would recommend using slot.it p3 (some find p4 work well, others find p2 work well too).

Motor - I would recommend a Mabuchi S can of some sort - NC2-esque motors appear to be a bit lacking... YMMV etc etc...

That's all for now.

-Rob

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many thanks to the 2 Robs for orginising one of the best Porsche Challenge meets ever , slick race control and great orginisation plus a chance to race on probably the best sport track in the country made it a great day .

·
Registered
752 Posts
Well...

As I said in my closing words at the event.....

"It's not so much racing....." "....as having (lots of) friends round (our place)"

Thanks to everyone that took part, your contributions to the day were all appreciated

Thanks to Pendle Slot Racing for sponsoring the Top Senior and Junior (Cheers Sean!)

Congrats to Grah1 on winning the event outright (had to work for it tho'
) and Junior Alfa for heading the junior category.

Onwards to the next round chaps! (and chap esses of course - thanks to Laura C, and her Mum and Dad for bringing her)

I might think of more to add when I've slept!

-Rob

·
Registered
29 Posts
was a good day,
Thanks again and I will be back next year to hopefully be in Grah's shoes but hopefully a little easier and not have the sillyily stupid fast laps that Grah and Rob put in in the A-Final.

Great day, thanks again I look forward to the next round!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi All,
had an great day out at wrexham, many thanks to the two robs. the next round will be held at the slot-tech raceway (preston) on 6th & 7th august 2005. hope to see you all there.
jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts