SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Wrexham Rally was run over eight stages.

The results by classification

4WD

1 Intergrali - Team Slot Delta
2 Matt tucker - Ninco Subaru
3 RR3.9 - Ninco Subaru
4 Luke B - SCX Subaru
5 Mickl - SCX Xsara

2WD

1 Matt Tucker - Ninco Subaru (with fwd disconnected)
2 Alfa - TeamSlot Alfa
3 Grah1 - TeamSlot Manta 400
4 PMC - Ninco Clio
5 Hugs - Scalextric Mitsubishi

Rally Raid

1 Intergrali - Ninco Pajero
2 RR3.9 - Ninco Pajero
3 Difflock - Ninco Ranger
4 Astro - Ninco Pajero

I'd just like to thank all those who built and brought tracks to our event:

Mickl, Grah1, MTucker666.

and further thanks to Grah1 for sponsoring the trophies....

and last but not least, everyone who came on down, up, across, etc... to race with us

Ta,

-Rob

·
Matt Tucker
3,550 Posts
A long but excellent day, providing good fun. Its much different running against the clock doing sprint stages and adds a different dimension to the slot experience. Hope this is the first of many UK rally type events with an aim to reach the dizzy heights of a Spanish event.

My first slot trophy - pride of place in my cellar!!

Matt

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Had a great day, even though could only stay for the morning. Thanks to Wrexham for hosting it and to Matt, Grah and Mickl for bringing their fantastic rally circuits in!

It was great to race in a Rally format - in 1 lap stages on a variety of courses, and nice to see some drivers driving very well!

My first foray into non-mags was fun, and I was coming first in the RAID class for most of the morning! (although at that time, I was the only RAID entrant!)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Glad you guys had a good day. Sorry not to make it, had to spend the day looking at grid girls at Oulton… kind of distracting.
I got pulled away though, I marshal with a female friend…

I will happily support the next event of this kind, if it was to happen.
Wasn't best pleased I had to miss it.

All the Best, Jimmie

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
I think every one had a great day and I would like to thank the wrexham guys for hosting the event.
well done to Matt and Inte you were the stars of the day .I look forward to the next one.

For those who wanted to attend but for some reason couldnt ,my track and ***** will shortly be set up permenently at slot tech so pop round and have a go

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Aye, a great day! I would have replied earlier, but my PC is messing about (had to wait to get to work), I'l sort out the pics in photobucket soon.

I was kind of hoping that the RAID class would be split 2wd, 4wd, so I would have won something - Ranger is 2wd and only one there! RAIDs are fun vehicles.

No matter, it was a good laugh and I was able to demonstrate that power is indeed nothing without control via my Stratos!

The first event of it's type in the UK in recent years, I hope there are many more to come, perhaps with better attendance. Everyone must have a rally car somewhere, next to GT's they must be popular IMHO.

Mark.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sounds like it was a good day. Sorry I couldnt make it, I was defending my lead in the South West Championship at Abergavenny.
For anyone who enjoyed the event and would like more of the same, the fourth running of the Wye Valley Stages Rally is taking place at Abergavenny on the 7th 0or 14th of November. There are usually about 5 stages run at least twice in each direction. Classes will be WRC and either Classic or F2. Will post full details when available.

Roly

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE rr3.9 drove the last Pajero, much akin to Postman Pat, happily stopping for a cup of tea and dropping off some post on his jaunt round the dirt track!

*Mental note*

Matt Tucker OFF the Christmas card list....

-Rob

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Nice write up and pics

All I can say is I consider it as a triumph that I was first at one stage within my class! (just can't get to grips with no magnets!)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts