Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am looking for a Scalextric PROTEC, either in original kit form or in a servicable built - either body [Vectra or Audi] is OK - willing to pay reasonable amount - tia doug

·
Registered
21 Posts
westwood models have a mint boxed vectra for 45 quid. dont know whether this is a good price or not.

otherwise its worth keeping an eye on ebay and checking with some of the other obsolete dealers.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
QUOTE westwood models have a mint boxed vectra for 45 quid

Not anymore they don't.

But oddly enough - I now have a mint boxed Vectra for 60 squid!

Only joking.

Welcome to the board 'watchfob' !

Apologies for the mickey taking...

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Mercers Toy and Hobby shop in Blackburn had one on the shelf a week ago ,Its been there for ages

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To put a happy end to this thread - Thanks Graham - I was able to contact Mercers & snag the Protec for a very reasonable price - it is on its way to Canada as we speak
- it's all about contacts isn't it!

Cheers doug

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Congratulations on tracking down your Protec, watchfob.
It would be very interesting to see your feedback on building the kit and running the car.
imho, these kits had a lot of potential, badly let down by some wooly thinking in the detail of the design. Nothing that couldn't have been ironed out with development but, sadly, just abandoned by Scalextric.
A real shame in my opinion.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One of the guys I race with has a couple of them - after running one of his I was convinced I had to have at least one - they run beautifully on wood - I agree with everything you say - they were never available over here [Canada], but pop up on eBay occasionally - we like the 'qwerky' stuff & the Protec fits right in - cheers doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts