SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts
G

·
I am interested in coming to this. It will be my first club environment experience, can someone provide some tips to help me along? I'm a relative noobie to the world so can someone help me with what car I can race or rather trundle round in and if there is anything I can do to it to aid my skill.
Will we be racing with the magnets? I'm not too sure I like the speed they go

S

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Seeing as it's a SLot.It challenge then their Audis or Porsches are a good idea
If you don't like the speed of magnet cars, then you may still be in for a shock from the speed of non-magnet Slot.It cars too!

Mark.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
a sense of humour and the ability to withstand cold! We`ll be bringing around ten Phoenix racers. Looking forward to it and meeting you scottb, you sound like a good laddo

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
It certainly sounds like a fun day out. Very tempted to make the trip if my Slot.it car survives the day at Woking. It'll be good to see the.. er..not quite Eastcote 24 hour winning guys from Phoenix again (ok, so they still beat the team I was in...)

Mooster

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey there Mooster!

Drop me a PM and let me know when you are in Woking.

We can meet and do coffee.

Cheers,

Julian.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Howdy,

Ok, its race day next weekend - so I hope you're all ready...
(I'm not
)

I had been talking to the Robs about the possibility of running another Front Wheel Drive Race, it was great fun last time and I wondered if we could do it again?

Entries From Last Event
Note the lovingly prepared Vauxhal Nova on the front row

It would run as a support race at the end of the day, subject to time left.

EDIT: Photos & Results From Last Time
Warning: Picture Intensive

Lets have your input.

James

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Judging from the state of my health at the moment james I'll not be there but If any one wants to race my metro I can soon prep it .It was a blast and the cars went surprisingly well

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
I reckon I could find all the bits to the Moomobile - it would be good to give them a run again!

Mooster

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
good evening all

Should be good, bring em along, the ganja turbo is ready, got an even bigger turbo to put in now too!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Wahey,

2 new FWD's being built in the Johnson camp over here.
My brother has a nice Italian number.
And the majority of the modifications on mine are on the body. But I'm not saying what it is yet.
(Those who do know, ssshhhh!)

Would be a shame if Graham can't make, Mr Ingenuity himself!
that Metro was great.

How many are we expecting then?

Sign the entry list...

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
I fear that I'm going to be the only representative from the Eastcote bit of the Soft South this time around. I've found most of the bits for the Corn Flakes contraption, and the bits I can't find probably weren't important anyway, so it'll be fun (?) to give it a run.

Mooster

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
I do agree that a bit later start time might be a good idea, especially as it looks like there will be a good turnout. As ever, I'll need all the practice I can get, and given that I'll be setting off at around 6 a.m., a bit of waking up time might come in handy, or even a nice lie down somewhere...

Mooster

21 - 40 of 70 Posts