SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
QUOTE Theres no way we'll be there for anywhere near a start time of 10, especially without any practice. We need to get the track down and what not, so I'd suggest a start time of nearer 11:30am.

I think we have 8 going.

8? it was 10 last time, you have 200+ members, where are they all?

you wont get there for 10? drive faster! I seem to remember getting up at just gone 6am to go to your event day and we get there about 9ish and only raced at gone 5pm!

I will speak to the race director about the delay but we will not be starting later than 11. Stop being so lazy!

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
200 members may be, but how many of those are kids that like mag cars? How many of those are kids that can't drive? How many can't get a lift? I'm stuggling myself. Plus, two dropped out. My original lift and most sadly of all Jon.

As for the start time, we may well get there for 10am. But not to start rcaing then.

Perhaps state the official time as 11, then if everyone's there before that we can start whenever. Nothing wrong with that. Better than making people wait for the guys that 'just need five more minutes'

We are going to try and get there ASAP, but it might be a struggle that's all.

Looking forward to seeing you all

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi, Hopefully going

So I can get the rules straight about tyres.Do they have to be Slot.it.???

I'll find out if I'm going to nite.
I'm ready to eat you all.

Please reply for the question about tyres or just pm me.

Flying Ads

P.s Reply about tyres

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hehe, made me chuckle at least! Nice, Andy.

While we're on a Jonny moment, looks like he's inadvertently proved a point I made a little while ago. Pulling out of another event Jonny? tut-tut, not becoming a habit is it?

Sorry, I'm in a stressed mood, just wrote 14 pages on a business assignment.

Looking forward to this event, should be good.

Any of the Phoenix lads having a go at the front wheel drives?

James

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Sorry guys. I`ve got to work as I`ve got no cover for what is a normal working day for me, you`ll understand when you grow up James. I have not decided not to come, I have no choice. If it wasn`t for me there wouldn`t be any Phoenix racers there at all,as it is there should be around ten which is far more than you guys have ever sent down to ours.

Our membership is 238 at present and that places a big demand on me. There is noone else to run the club so I have the responsibility to serve my members. I was looking forward to attending as I`d love a day off. I wish the best of luck to all those racing and hope to make it next time.

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Nice job you are all doing of criticising us (especially Jon) about something you have no idea about.

Just chill eh? We dont want each other saying things we'll regret when it comes for us all being face to face on sunday.

I'm looking forward to the racing, I dont want mine or anybody elses weekend spoilt by silly little things.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I dont think anybody (save me and maybe Jon) even knows about the FWD event James, so unfortunately I dont think any of the Phoenix guys will have a crack at that.

Are you allowing FWD scratchbuilds? I might be able to knock something up on saturday. However, even If can can, If the other lads need to get home then its not like I can stay and make them wait. I'll try knock something up, If I cant race it then theres always next time.

·
Registered
325 Posts
My apologies! I take it back.

Sorry, I was rather stressed at the time and you unfortunately took the brunt of my unhappiness (to say the least!)

To be honest, I didnt think it had posted - as it wouldnt load up after I clicked "Add Reply".

QUOTE We dont want each other saying things we'll regret when it comes for us all being face to face on sunday. Good point, I should learnt to keep my mouth shut on here! I'll look out for you, then come and apologise.

Sorry Jon, circumstances beyond your control, I appreciate that.

Well what a prat I've made of myself...

oo Gary, front wheel drives is just a fun thing, yep - you can scratch build them, theres no rules as such. Although it must be driven by the front wheels and the front wheels only. (no Mags too)

Sorry again,
James

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I think this emoticon sums up Rob and my cars..

Be nice to see pheonix out of Birmingham.
Jonny, you have had over a month to organise yourself a day off to let people know the club will be shut because you want some time off. If you really are as engrossed as you say then people will appreciate you want the day off.

Oh, and see ya in my rear view mirror

·
Registered
752 Posts
James, Jonny, Gary, Rob.... ......etc, etc.......

We *ALL* have ****e days eh?

Right then now we've all taken a chill pill

Me and t'other Rob (inte) have just returned from the club, having made sure that the track an' all is working fine - and reasonably grippy too (for sport track anywho!
).

Had a phone call from another Gary at Phoenix. There's 5 coming in the car with him, and there should be a few more besides

Remember the theme of *ANY* Wrexham event is "have a good time"

See y'all on Sunday morning....

-Rob

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
No problem James, Rob is right and no hard feeling, I`m gutted I cannot attend but reckon there are twelve from Phoenix racing and I wish everyone a great time.

If starting at eleven tomorrow then spare a thought what tomorrow is and remember the lads buried in foreign lands that we might enjoy freedom and peace.

·
Registered
164 Posts
well said jon,
if it was not for those who fell during world conflicts we may not have such a hobby to enjoy.
jim.

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Just got in from a hard days racing.

Like to thank Rob and Rob once more, had a great time.

Well done to Jim for taking the honours! Nice to put faces to names aswell.

Cheers Wrexham!

·
Registered
325 Posts
At one time I didn't think we'd make it, with our dodgy brake calliper - but we made it and the day was well worth it.

Good fun to be back at Wrexham, although I did spend most of the day searching for that rather illusive traction on the Scaley Sport surface.

Good racing once again; and congratulations to Jim.

Great fun to run the FWDs again, those who left early - you missed out!

I've got some photos too, but I can't be bothered right now.
They'll be up soon.

Thats all for now,
James

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
was a good day was that, thanks to all that came, to those that didnt, you probably lost out!

ah well.. might have been beaten but at the end of the day, at least it was by a properly seasoned racer!

41 - 60 of 70 Posts