SlotForum banner

Wye Valley Winter Rally - 10th Anniversary

11K views 65 replies 19 participants last post by  Hobby 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Wye Valley Slot Car Club is proud to announce the Winter Slot Rally event on Sunday 6th November.

This year the club celebrates the 10th anniversary of hosting a slot car rally!

It's the sixth and final round of SlotRallyGB 2011 and all the prizes will be awarded on the day.

I'll leave Mr. Barry to fill you in on the finer points and details, but demand is expected to be high and places limited so please register your entry on this thread. Names will be regularly updated.

1. Phil Barry
2. Phil Field
3. Gareth Jex
4. Chris Binley
5. Dave Capelan
6. Chris Angold
7. Andi Burt
8. Andy White
9. Ryan Kneale
10. Josh Field
11. John Underwood
12. Wayne Goble
13. Alan Davies
14. Luke Tryell
15. Jim Moyes
16. Matt Tucker
17. Jenson Leggett
18. Adrian Leggett
19. Steve Baker
20. Simon James
21. Stephen Parry
22. Bill Charters
23. Ben Buesnel
24. Gary Buesnel
25. Don Stanley
26. Chris Gregory
27. Alan Birchmore
28. Sebastian Birchmore
29. Andy Meredith
30. Mike Hyde
31. Reece Hyde
32. Laura Hyde
33. Russell Powell
34. SPACE AVAILABLE
35. Keith Clements
36. Ben Clements
37. Charles Tilley
38. Kane Tilley
39. James Noake
40. Matt Baston
41. Ian Howard
42. Mark Probert
43. Tony Squires
44. Brian Churchill
45. Martyn John

Reserve list (Subject to approval from COC - names will only be confirmed if someone drops out)

See this post for an explination of how we will be running the day to accomadate the extra numbers.

Those above who are TBC - please advise as soon as you can please - either on this thread or via PM.

See less See more
#5 ·
Me too please!

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Nevill Hall Hospital, Brecon Road Abergavenny, Monmouthshire. Sat Nav code NP7 7EG.

The Nevill Hall Social Club is behind the main hospital building next to an old mansion (the Conference Centre) but we will put up Slot Rally direction signs at the front and rear entrances to the hospital.

If you entered before you`ll know to bring your own food, there are no catering facilities at the event, but you can take advantage of the Wye Valley Lunch Box, details are below, we`ll supply free tea, coffee and biscuits and a microwave. There won`t be bar staff this time but see Phil B on the day, bring loose change and we`ll sort out liquid refreshments.

We recommend the Kings Head Hotel next to the Town Hall in the centre of Abergavenny, with a good restaurant Venue 59 adjacent to it, 01873 853575. http://www.kingsheadhotelabergavenny.co.uk/ Sat nav post code NP7 5EU.

Some stages will be run in reverse which may effect hand controllers other than Palma type.

Doors open 8.30am on sunday and the usual Slot Shops available for bargains

Please check the rules to save hassle at scrutineering on the day.

We will run eight stages of mixed surfaces, routed, Scaly Classic, Sport and Ninco.
Due to space restrictions a maximum entry of forty drivers is anticipated but may be subject to revue by Phil Field (Clerk of the Course).

As this is the final the championship points will have to be calculated as well by the results team, so prize giving will be extended to hand out class trophies and championship prizes.

We will endeavour to finish the event as soon as possible to allow people a fairly early start on their journeys home. You can help by starting and finishing the stages asap.

Wye Valley Lunch Box

Cheese Roll, Pate, Chutney and Crackers, Choice of Scotch Egg, Sausage Roll or Pork Pie, Tomato, Apple, Crisps, Fruit Pie. All in your very own limited edition Lunch Box for just £4.50 (pay on the day).
Vegetarian option is available.

Boxes must be ordered in advance, so please PM Alan and Sebastian who are listed as Joseph here on the forum.

Cheers - Phil

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
We have added some TBC - Provisional names to the entries list.

With these names the event is now full!

It may be possible to allow an additional three entires with myself, Phil B and Phil F running around not in a group (which i normally do anyway to enable me to complete the time entires).

Those on the list as TBC - please confirm if you are coming to allow others to take your place.

Anyone who knows these individuals personally can you ask them to advise ASAP - espeically if they are not regular SF members.

Also - if for any reason you have to change your plans and are no longer able to come, please let us know ASAP.

#24 ·
All we did was add peoples names as soon as they applied (in strict order).

I will have a chat with the guys at Wye and see if anything can be done to allow more entrants.

The max entry for any event is supposed to be 40 (on the assumption of running 4 classes each) - it's a case of simply ensuring there is enough time for all to run all stages, lunch and time to produce the scores.

Leave it with us - we will advise on this thread when we know what to do.

#25 ·
QUOTE (JEXY1 @ 29 Sep 2011, 18:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>All we did was add peoples names as soon as they applied (in strict order).

I will have a chat with the guys at Wye and see if anything can be done to allow more entrants.

The max entry for any event is supposed to be 40 (on the assumption of running 4 classes each) - it's a case of simply ensuring there is enough time for all to run all stages, lunch and time to produce the scores.

Leave it with us - we will advise on this thread when we know what to do.

Cheers, really appreciate it!

By the way I spoke to Graham Pritchard tonight and he's asked me to advise you that he won't be competing and you can remove him from your list of reserves.

All the best.

#26 ·
Following on from the (unexpected) demand for places at this event i have spoken to both Phil's from Wye Valley and agreed to increase the maximum number of entries to 45.

To do this we will have to do the following;

We will be running in groups of 5

We will be running either 9 stages (if 40 entrants) or 10 stages (if 45 entrants)

We will issue (via a download on this thread) a copy of the signing in entry/time sheet - THIS MUST BE FILLED IN BY ENTRANTS IN ADVANCE - neatly!
and with the correct cars/classes. - the reason for this is simple - it takes too long for me to fill in the sheets on the day. There will be a tick box next to each car so you can say if you have changed a car from those used before in the championship. File will be a word document - please print off and fill in.

Doors will open ASAP on the day - awaiting exact confirmation of time but likely to be 0830. As soon as you arrive please sign in, with your sheet, cars and the correct money. Cars will be checked and then you will go straight out on the rally.

Hopefully it goes without saying, but please help the organisers by running as quickly as you can through the stages. By having more stages than groups there should always be a stage available for you to use. By reducing the number in each group (to 5) it means that more people are actually running at any one time. If all goes to plan the event should take approx 8 - 8.5 hours (including an hour for lunch).

Compiling the results will take longer so it's vital that you hand in your time sheets at the halfway point for me a Phil to enter as much data as possible. Also - please try to write in a legible format!

Event and Championship prizes and results will be issued at the end of the day and while the data is being sorted can we ask you all to lend a hand in the dismantling. If you have to go before the prizes are awarded we will hold them until the next event for collection - but we will not post them.

Thanks for all your understanding with the above, we want as many people as we can to have a great day, but 45 is the absolute maximum allowed for this event.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.