SlotForum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3,636 Posts
QUOTE (Spangy46 @ 28 Oct 2012, 11:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I love that, reminds me of top riders telling me to take Kerrowmoor flat out in 6th gear at the Manx GP instead of flat in 5th like I was. Unfortunately when trying I went wide, ran up the kerb taking about 20 yards of hedge with me, snapping my footrest off and needed a change of underwear when finally returning to the paddock after riding the rest of the TT course without a footrest!

As for the worst stage vote ok, comments noted and agreed.

Only a week to go now....

When I was road racing I had a mate who always rode over the cement dust put down on oil spills if it was on the racing line, his reasoning being that it scared everyone else and they backed off, he was 3rd in a national championship so he might have had a good point.

· Registered
3,636 Posts
Another good rally for me, good results, only 6.5 seconds slower than Wayne in 1980s and another points finish in modern 4wd.
Very enjoyable stages, including the water splash, it was probably 2nd in my choices of best stage and I was tempted to put it first, the video doesn't do it justice, it was very slippery.
Well done to every one at Wye Valley and Gareth for putting on an excellent rally.

· Registered
3,636 Posts
QUOTE (snurfen @ 5 Nov 2012, 16:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Julian, Pontypool Travelodge is a lot nearer (and a bit less like downtown Kahbul). I'll send you directions for the best road up from Newpaaaaaaaaart.

Yes, but it's not £24 for the night, I stayed in Newport in 2002, I doubt if it's changed much, I can't remember the name of the hotel I stayed in, it was a big place with function rooms and a large car park out the back. Bob Jeffries' (of the WTRA) daughter worked there.

And Wayne you weren't the only person with zero grip on Water Splash

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.