SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,299 Posts
We all differ on our views on certain aspects of the rally, which is healthy in many ways.
Please don't take my gentle ragging of you about the watersplash as anything other than that.
I do appreciate, very much, your generosity in what you do to help us new comers.

4,299 Posts
A cracking weekend. Well done to all participants, especially the ones who were racing slot cars in the rain. A first for my eyes!

A very well done to all the trophy winners, and congratulations to the juniors for some very very good driving. Your prizes were richly deserved.

4,299 Posts
Looking forward to may happy returns of the water splash. I have designed an ingenious ballcock and cistern to ensure a level playing field (uniform depth duck pond?) for it's next outing.

After this, the Manx bridge of Broken Bits and the Farnham fearsome fall, I'm working on my Dukes of Hazzard "Cletus's Chasm of Choas" for next years first round. Get your air horns fitted and your Daisy Dukes on for that puppy and get ready to grab some airtime, yuk yuk yuk.

4,299 Posts
Thanks for your efforts Gareth! Don't worry about the overall champ results till tonight - go earn a few bob first.

Splash shots are superb, well done. Sorry about my attempts, I've just realised I need my specs on to take photos. PM sent.

4,299 Posts
They scrub the cars up well, fair play to them both.

Julian, Pontypool Travelodge is a lot nearer (and a bit less like downtown Kahbul). I'll send you directions for the best road up from Newpaaaaaaaaart.

for those wishing to stay in the 1960's, or Newport to give it it's geographical name, the Etap hotel is clean and cheap as they come. It's also next to the famous Bryn Glas tunnels on the M4, which regularly features on traffic News, so it's nice a quiet as the M4 is usually on stop there.

The Goytre arms in Penperllini used to do good rooms, the food and beer is very good, and it's only about 8 miles short of the venue.

Any more tips for overnight visitors from the locals?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.