SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Premium Member
5,364 Posts

In association with Wye Valley Slot Car Club, SlotrallyGB is proud to announce the eight and final round of the 2012 championship will take place Sunday 4th November 2012 at the Nevill hall social club, Nevell Hall Hospital, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, South Wales.

Stages will be a mixture of Ninco, SCX, Scalextric and routed tracks.

This is the thread to enter this round, please add your REAL name to this thread if you wish to enter.

1. Gareth Jex (Sun)
2. Phil Barry (Sat)
3. Sebastian Birchmore (Sat)
4. Alan Birchmore (Sat)
5. Don Stanley (Sun)
6. Dai John (Sat)
7. Adrian Leggett (Sun)
8. Jenson Leggett (Sun)
9. Martyn John (Sat)
10. Chris Binley (Sun)
11. Harry Binley (Sun)
12. Russell Powell (Sat)
13. Steve Parry (Sun)
14. Andy Meredith (Sat)
15. Phil Field (Sat)
16. Matt Bastin (Sat)
17. Keith Clements (Sat)
18. Ben Clements (Sat
19. Steve Jones (Sun)
20. Craig Jones (Sun)
21. Bill Charters (Sun)
22. Reece Hyde (Sat)
23. Mike Hyde (Sat)
24. Dave Capelan (Sun)
25. David Kneale (Sun)
26. Andi Burt (Sun)
27. Chris Angold (Sun)
28. Ryan Kneale (Sun) replaced with Chris Gregory
29. Matt Tucker (Sun)
30. John Underwood (Sun)
31. Alan Davies (Sun) replaced with Brian Churchill
32. Luke Tyrell (Sun)
33. Wayne Goble (Slot Rally GB 2012 80's Champion) (Sun)
34. Phil Upton (Sun) - replaced with Ian Howard
35. Gareth Jones (Sun)
36. Paul Roach (Sun)
37. Chris Lewis (Sun)
38. Nigel Lewis (Sun)
39. Julian Allard (Sun)
40. Steve Wright (Sun)
41. Jo Wright (Sun)
42. Tony Squires (Sun)
43. Mark Probert (Sun)
44. James Lymer (Sun)
45. Lee Green (Sun) - replaced with Julian Pearce
46. Simon James (Sun)
47. David Lord (Sun)
48. Norman Facey (Sun)
49. Kane Tilley (Sun)
50. Charles Tilley(Sun)
51. Nic Hirst (Sun) replaced by Wayne Oram
52. Neil Hirst (Sun) replaced by Doug Griffiths
53. Lawrence Meredith (Sun)
54. Nick Faulkner-Elliot (Sun)
55. Lee Henderson (Sun)

Reserve 1.
Reserve 2.
Reserve 3.

As you can see 50 places have been allowed for, there is a possibility that some Wye Valley club members may run their stages on the Saturday to accommodate expected high demand, please do not request a place unless you know you can come - this is the final event of the year and the event will go later into the day because we will be producing the final championship results as well as the event resutls and of course awarding prizes etc.

Please reserve your place as quickly as possible and let others know about the event.

A high resolution poster is available to download below suitable for printing.

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle

Attachments

· Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All names added

We have some flexibility in terms of number (for those running on Sunday).

If you do want to compete at the final event of the year please don't delay add your name ASAP

· Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Just a gentle reminder - spaces still available for the final round of 2012 - might be an ideal oppertunity to get your hand in with a little practise for the 2013 season.

· Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Just had a couple of cancellations - ammended the entry list to suit.

Please let us know as soon as you can if you would like to come along to this event and of course if you cant make it for any reason.

Gareth

· Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Ref tyres for the Scalextric Production Class - i'm looking into having some tyres made for these cars - as ever not for any profit - simply a benefit to us all - i don't think they will be ready for Wales 2012 to test, but hoping for the first event 2013.

Will keep you posted.

Can some one tell me if the tyres for the Mini and Fiesta are the same and ditto for the RS200 and 6R4?

· Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Name added.

Check out the prizes that will be given away on the day - some may need a trailer!

PS - i'm actually coming to Usk on Saturday so may pop in with the wife and daughter on Saturday so they can see what daddy does on most Sunday's!

· Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Added Nick to the list.

Good news one and all - Water Splash is back!

The water splash will return to Wye Valley for the final.

The stage will be set up outside (under a gazebo).

Once all the groups are registered and set we will ask a representative from each group to draw a number from a hat - this will determine the stage order you do the splash - i.e. you can not leave the splash until last! Draw will be random. This is to ensure that we all get through the stages in the best possible time.

Water levels will be regulated and deep! - there will be a red line showing the required depth of water.

You will be able to clean and dry your cars after the splash before moving onto the next stage.

I will be on hand to take still photos of your cars taking a bath and with a little luck i should have a slow mo video camera also.

· Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
OK i have updated the names of the runners and riders for the final at Wye.

We have 13 runners on the Saturday and 37 on the Sunday.

This is great and should mean that Sunday runs nice and smooth, it does mean there is still a little capacity on Sunday for a few more entrants if you fancy coming along.

Just in case you are expecting to win a prize at the final please try and be there or at least nominate someone to collect your prizes - i will NOT be posting prizes to anyone (i can't cover the postage costs).

Time sheets for you all to download and print in advance will be available this week on this thread.

· Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Please see below time sheets for next weekend's round. Please print off your own copy and bring it with you (along with your membership card).

View attachment Wye_sheets.doc

View attachment Wye_sheets.pdf

As you will see we are going to trial a new idea (from Sean at Pendle) - at the bottom of the sheet there is a line for you to vote for your stage of the day. When you have completed all stages, please write your stage of the day on your time sheet before you hand it in. There is no criteria for how you judge.

Thanks

Attachments

· Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Hi Ian - Name added - your car will go into Modified class.

If your not already in the Championship - then your points don't count to the championship anyone - so not a problem.

See you there.

· Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
QUOTE (Aberstone @ 28 Oct 2012, 00:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh b*gger! It was on the initial list Phil and I discussed
. Maybe Phil and Gareth had better make a decision, it`ll be a shame not to run it.

I made up the time sheets, based on the email i got from Phil - i didn't discuss stages - if there is an error please let me know ASAP and i will revise the sheets.

· Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Ref voting for stages - happy (and already are doing the best stage of the day for 2013), added the best stage to the Wye Valley Winter (as a test), but i would prefer not to vote for a worst stage.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.