SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ade

I re liveried the RedBull car but the others are standard. I lower them (cut away the arches and drop the chassis further inside). They all have alloy wheels and home made inserts. I like to add wheel logo's too. Even if they are not ion the original.

·
Horlicks Hero
1,940 Posts
QUOTE (wayne69x @ 12 Dec 2011, 23:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That looks mint. I love the wheels. I've got a couple of these laying around but they tend to stay in the box since they're just horrible to drive. Hopefully, with your improvements, they now go as well as they look.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Stoooo, They drive mint. I have urethane tyres on the rear and super glue the fronts. Standard motor no weight. Really nice cars to drive.

I made the inserts from the wheels off a pro slot ferrari 355. Turn them down and make a mold, resin cast a replica and paint.

Ki Kev, I'll fetch them Wednesday neet

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
I always liked the 220.

Then I bought one. The white one. And I ran it. Oh, dear. Such a shame. Memories of it bring a shiver and make me realise how lucky we are today.

Shurely shomething for Slot It to make in the future? That or an Alfa 155 DTM (I may have said that before).

·
Horlicks Hero
1,940 Posts
QUOTE (Wankel Ickx @ 13 Dec 2011, 01:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That or an Alfa 155 DTM (I may have said that before).
I've got an old Ninco one of those, and a corresponding Merc to keep it company. They are without a doubt two of my favourite cars to drive. Silky smooth and so well behaved in a slide through a curve. They were the first non-Scalextric cars I ever bought, and they opened up to me the whole world of possibilites that lay with other manufacturers.

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
Ninco were my 'in' to modern slots, too. It was the McLaren F1 for me. Ha! I'll never forget rocking up at the Hurley track thinking, this'll *** all the idiots with woeful Hornby toys. Ahem. It didn't quite pan out that way but I found a good few friends and a bought a few too many toys.

I have a sweet spot for those classic DTM and ITC cars.

Which is why I'd love a quality one from Slot It, NSR or Avant. Any of that trinity could do a 220 and I'd be sure to make a purchase, too.

·
Horlicks Hero
1,940 Posts
I have the old McLaren F1 as well. I went for the Harrods version, but was terribly disappointed to find it stickered up instead of tampo printed. Oh, well, it still looks cool.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hi Wayne
Thay look really nice, you should bring them oveer to NERCS so we can all see how they go, Or you could bring them over and try them on my tight twisty routed track.
Wayne

1 - 11 of 11 Posts