SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of XLC's that have one side that seams dead. Is it the sensor? Is there a way to clean or rebuild? Advice and suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,
CE

·
Prof I T
11,198 Posts
hi
it is highly unlikely to have blown as these xlc are usually very robust.

First thing to do is hoover the senser area,if this brings no joy then if you are taking the track up a lot and re laying then the pin that sits in the flipper can pop out.

It's an easy fix if a little fiddly,just remove the cover plate to reveal the internals.

If both the pins are in there correct positions then it may be a wire has become dis lodged.

Hth

·
Administrator
10,138 Posts
Hi Chris, ... as Big Bird said. Probably the linkage has come free or jammed. Make sure you have it face down when you disassemble.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I have just set up my digital platinum set last night after waiting ages for it to arrive. After working out that I had one of the XLC sections back to front, I then noticed that one for the flippers is not working and stuck. This results in a car changing lanes. I tested the opposite lane and can hear and see the solenoid actuate. On the malfunctioning side, I can't hear or see anything happen. As the track is straight out of the box, could I have caused a problem by positioning the track in reverse? I note the advice above but would like to avoid taking things apart unless this will be easy to sort. Otherwise, I will return that part of th track.

Thanks for your help

This is my first post after lurking for some time.

Cheers

Adam

·
Greg Gaub
15,369 Posts
There's no warranty seal on it. They won't know if you've opened it or not, and you might save yourself the trouble of sending it back if you do. It's not uncommon for the little black bar to have unhooked from one or both of the solenoid pins. You can look at the working side to see what the non-working side should look like. If they both look the same, then there's another problem. If one looks wrong, see if you can fix it. Also, look/feel for anything that might be holding it from moving, such as some glue that got in the wrong spot.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Have to say this is in my experience a very common occurance. Most of the XLC I have come across have had this problem. Hornby seem to be using superglue on the latest ones I have seen. However I view this as only a temporary fix as there needs to be some movement of the metal part in the hole and sooner or later the bond will fail.

In practive I think the length of the metal part that engages in the plastic part is too short & idealy should be peened over to hold it in place.

Rich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts