SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the purposes of this demo I've punched out a plastic card circle.

Stage 1 - paint the light silver - I've used Humbrol Metalcote, but any silver will do.

Stage 2 - Get some epoxy glue and some acrylic paint (artist's, poster, but something that can diluted by water)

Stage 3 - Mix the glue and paint - note the small amount of paint required to tint the glue

Stage 4 - Apply, adding enough for a dome effect.

You will have small air bubbles in the resin, but you need to be really up close to see them - and you have the advantage of not losing the lenses on the track!

I also normally replace clear lenses with clear glue as well, but had been looking to see how I could get the yellow tint, before I realised I had the acrylic paint in my paint box.

Regards,

Lawrence

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Thanks for that!.. I was wondering just the other week how to do that. I didn't realise you could tint epoxy resin glue with acrylic.
cheers
tom.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Now this is an excellent idea, and seems simple enough that even I can do it!!

Any pictures of the finished product?

·
Jim Moyes
5,056 Posts
Is it going to be ready for Jexy to use at Wye Valley, though Lawrence? Five weeks tomorrow.

·
Registered
913 Posts
QUOTE (bwaminispeed @ 26 Apr 2008, 01:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good tip, you can also make nice clear red tail light lenses the same way.

CLEAR RED light lenses! LOL
I know what you mean!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.