SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
We need to look at this announcement, and the previous for the digital track system, as a different way to race model cars - not as a replacement for the traditional way. Both will be available to us, if we choose.

The digital and virtual systems may be what is needed to bring some of the younger folks into model racing. This could, ultimately, be good for the future of model racing.

I imagine the virtual system will require a broadband connection, if competing with multiple cars. All of this, obviously, adds to the cost of the hobby/sport. But it's a choice we have.

I'll withhold judgement on the digital and virtual systems until I see them and see comments from those who are using them. Based upon my initial experiences with the RMS software, Scalextric is going to have to do much better with these systems for me to get very excited about them. The RMS software is very cludgy.

Still, I'm looking forward to taking a look at the new stuff when available ere in the states.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thinking about this a little more:

I wonder how fun/interesting this will actually be?

1) You can't see the other guy's car fall off the track.
2) They can't see your car fall off the track.
3) Could I fib (I wouldn't!) about the size track I am running on, to fool the virtual racer's system into thinking I was making it around the track much quicker?

I'm sure there's many reasons why this will turn out to be a great thing (other than simply appealing to the techies among us), but I'm wondering what they are?

Any comments?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts