SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
10,174 Posts
That looks to be about as fast a circuit as you could fit in that space. Ought to be OK! One worry is about getting adequate support for the bridge as it overhangs the track a bit, and getting the bridge high enough as you dont want the upramp too steep as the track wont be smooth...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, unfortunately space is an issue. The plan is to raise up the bridged section with mdf and some dowels.

I wanted to get as much track into the space as I could but also wanted to avoid too many R1 turns.

cheers

·
Administrator
10,174 Posts
I hate R1s but you cant get R2s in that section, not enough room. You could look at a different shape of hairpin, R2, R1, R1, R2
(obviously the R1s are normal tracks not a squeeze...)

·
1 hp Trabant is not my real car
770 Posts
Hi Sandsmin,
Following up on Rico's suggestion of R2-R1-R1-R2, I had that configuration, but didn't like the tight inner curve on the R1s
Problem is, Scaley doesn't do an R2 to fit the "squeeze" R1 and sideswipe - so I made my own.
Was a simple job to cut up some R2s to move the R2 inner lane to match, you just have to sacrifice two R2s.
All stuck together with lots of hot glue. Hope the picture explains.

Cheers,
Tom.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I love R1's they sort the men from the boys! More seriously it looks like its Digital so the straight lane changers too me. are too close to each other. You would be better spaceing them out. One on the powerbase straight would be good. The only limitation is that they should be 1 straight clear of a corner on the sensor end so the car can straighten up and hit the sensor. They are better at the end of a straight.
If like some you hate R1,s you couls mix the odd R1 in the R,2 corners R2,R1 or R1,R2 to add variety but not be as svavage as a full R1. I Love the monarco Hairpin. I recon Scaley ysed that as their excuse to have one.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Excellent idea.... maybe there should be a thread for Custom Track Pieces so we could put them all in one spot to look at!

Cheers!

·
Registered
110 Posts
QUOTE (Sandsmin @ 29 Nov 2011, 13:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ok, based on trying to use as much of my track stock as possible and trying to get in as much as I can in the space I think I have decided on the following layout;

http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n486/S...rent=Track3.jpg

innermost loop will be supported by MDF cut to shape and dowel supports.

comments welcome!

Sandsmin
With a bit of permission would you allow me to adapt this design for my 8x8 layabout?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha help yourself. I've stolen most of the ideas off forum posts anyway.

Not sure how difficult the raised section is going to be though as this is my first venture into building a permanent track.

·
Registered
110 Posts
QUOTE (Sandsmin @ 29 Nov 2011, 19:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Haha help yourself. I've stolen most of the ideas off forum posts anyway.

Not sure how difficult the raised section is going to be though as this is my first venture into building a permanent track.
Let's see what I can come up with for my 8x8

1 - 14 of 14 Posts