SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· redstar
1,729 Posts
Hi,

I just got this rather strange & rare set by the Japanese company Yonezawa. The set is a figure 8 with a section coming out of it. The cars are around 1/24th scale Alfa Romeo Alfettas. The cars each have 1 battery in them. There is a tinplate control panel which also has a battery in it for the red button which is a horn. You beep the horn, turn the steering wheel & the car can go off the figure 8 onto the other road. Notice there are tinplate wheels on the outside of the cars & the real wheels are further in. The cars have an on & off switch in the rear windows. This not a race set but an odd electric roadway set. I included a photo of the Alfas next to the Yonezawa electric tether indy car i had put in an earlier topic. It seems Yonezawa made some interesting tinplate electric sets.

Thanks,
Bernard

· redstar
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Don,im guessing the set was made in the late 1950s to early 1960s. I might have some paperwork on it coming in soon.I dont have the original box. Perhaps our expert on tin cars Phillipe could give us more information. I know very little on this subject,only that i have never seen a picture or reference to this set or one like it. Thanks,Bernard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.