SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moving on from the "New club possibilities" thread,and please keep all the helpful replies coming in both that thread and the track thread,your replies have been great and very welcome by both myself and Astro.
Must also thank the forum itself here as without the forum all the great help would have been far harder to obtain.

We now have moved on slightly after recieving substancial interest from all sources of people willing to use such a club we now have the basis of a commitee but still require any persons who would be willing to offer their help in being part of the founding members. The aim of the club is outlined in the previously mentioned thread and we are actively now looking for any interested parties both as members or founders. This is the chance for any "closet racers" in yorkshire to be in at the bottom and help form a club and basically shape its conception.

Anyone interested in any shape or form please contact either myself or Astro through the forum and lets talk !!

Can i also request all forum members keep the good advice,hints,tips and general thoughts going through the threads already posted your comments have been very helpful.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
to sum up here what we are trying to do, we want to make a club particularly welcoming to home racers and newbies with a large impressive permanent layout (with scenery!)

We want this to be a success, and if you don't live a million miles away, maybe your help and knowledge will make the club even better!

Also feel free to find us in the chat room SlotRacer chatroom (which has no official affiliation with SF tho we do support it - chat room legal team)

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I`d like to offer my help as an `Associate Member` and contribute to the scenic side. I`ve got some kit that you can have and would like to help if you need me. I have a sleeping bag and I`m happy to travel!! Will make the odd race meeting and it would be great to get away from Phoenix and just race.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jonny
The Associate membership package comes with the obligatory interest free Yorkshire Club credit card and free admission to DV8 lap dancing bar in Leeds only on Fridays !!

No need for your sleeping bag m8 you can stay in the East Wing at my place !!

Cheers and thanks for all your support
Kevin

·
John Roche
4,240 Posts
Hi Kevin,

It might be worth contacting the Pontefract club to see if you could come to some arrangement where you could hold an alternative club night on their track. It might reduce costs for both clubs by sharing.

I've raced there (well trundled round at the back of the field) during the TSRF championship and its a great track. you might need to use sponge tyres though.

John

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
By the way, don't feel intimidated if you don't have an in depth knowledge about slot-cars, clubs or whatever. We are looking for people with enthusiasm, and since the club is aimed at people new to clubs and used to slot cars at home, that perspective is very welcome and useful.

Similarly, it doesn't matter whether you post all the time on the forum, or if you have never posted at all. We just need some enthusiasm, people to bounce ideas with and to help build a great club in the area

cheers again

Dave

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hiya Guys,

I live in Yorkshire and I would be happy to help out in any way possible (however i draw the line at making cups of tea all day and providing "entertainment").

Jonny - if you need somewhere to put that sleeping bag - i have a garage

Seriously - there is a lot more to a club then just the track and layout tho. Things like refreshements - chairs - air filtration system (we know how excited u men get once u r racing
), all need considering. I would be proud to help out. Just yell - or astro knows where to get hold of me

Lv Hugs x x x

PS - I am an accountant - so if u need someone to make it look like u r making a profit......................................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts